Just got back from the Dyno Shop...

GSXRboy, Jay at APE can lighten your crank 2pds. He also puts a nice edge on everything so it slices through the oil better.(that makes hp)

(818)842-4952

Well it just keeps getting better everytime I go to the track! I just got back from Lapeer Dragway up here in Michigan (Hot Day, Got Sunburn!) and the bike is running consistant 9.50's I haven't touched a single thing on the bike since the other day, I'm just leaving harder and getting better 60' times!

1.526 60'
6.248 1/8 ET
122.28 1/8 MPH
9.540 1/4 ET
147.72 1/4 MPH

1.517 60'
6.281 1/8 ET
118.93 1/8 MPH
9.579 1/4 ET
146.59 1/4 MPH

1.497 60'
6.284 1/8 ET
118.47 1/8 MPH
9.583 1/4 ET
146.27 1/4 MPH

OK the bike now has 440 miles on it after riding it to work today and here is a list of what I have done so far:

Cut out airbox and installed BMC
Brock Clutch Mod w/Stock Springs & Spacers
Brock Lowering Links
Front Strapped
Two Brothers Full Aluminum System
Removed Crankshaft Counter Balancer
PCII w/503 Dynojet Map
Shinko 180 Rear Tire (Getting New Mickey this Week)
16 Tooth Front - 42 Tooth Rear
Air Shifter

and soon to come Cams & NOS...

You must be leavin like a slingshot, what clutch mods have you done. Please dont tell me none cause then it becomes twilight zone **** . Your in a very very elite group with those times my man, and the dudes in the group I'm speaking of weigh a fraction of what you do. I'm not quite ready to send champagne yet.

That brings things into a bit better focus. Keep in mind you will gain at least another 5hp by the time you hit 4000 miles. I'm at 4300 and she's singing a far sweeter song now.

you must be crazy to remove the harmonic balencer. better get ready to open up your wallet, your bearings are getting the sh#t beat out of them.

it is there because of solid motormounts causing vibration to the rider.i put 20,000 miles on my zx11 w/200 kit w/o balancer and she still runs as new.i'm sure there is a cyclictic? fatigue point with changing the resinant frequency but it should be almost the same if not the same as the stock.remember it is a counter rotating mass that works the against the momentum of the crank therefore changing its fequency but at the sametime makin it work harder the faster it rotates.

ok, this balancer thing has got me excited, until that last post! motorhead, frank, other experts-do you remove the balancer and how much performance can be expected? is it worth it? and lastly, somebody please list the procedure for doing this! 122 mph in the 1/8th at 230 lbs! thats crazy! bring that bike to maryland , put jason miller on it and see what she can really do. im thinking 153+!(nothing against your riding, weight factor...)anyway, awesome numbers...

I'll be in St. Louis this weekend for the IDBA race and I'm going to get someone to make a pass on it for me. Somone in that 130-150 pound range, to see what it is capable of doing. If I'm lucky maybe I can get Brock to take a quick pass on it Friday during test and tune!

I just followed the shop manual when I did mine. The only thing you need to know is to plug the oil holes in the balancer shaft before you re-install it. I think Motorhead might have had some directions on how to take it out. Basically you just remove your oil pan and there is a small cover inside the oil pan. This cover would be on the clutch lever side of the bike. Once you remove the cover you slide the shaft out the left side of the motor and take out the balancer. Then you need to plug the oil holes and re-install the shaft.

gsxrboy, could you maybe list how this is done (counter balancer).- is it pretty straight forward with no special tools or anything, and where is it located...thanks

Back