Just got back from the Dyno Shop...

OB_GSXRboy

Registered
Just got back from my Dyno shop with my 2000 Busa, I managed to pull 163.1 horsepower out of it. The best map I found on my powercommander was the Revised European w/slip-on's, the 503 map. I have some of the other dyno results with the other maps also. They have a DynoJet 200 Dyno.

All runs were made in 4th gear. It was also very humid and hot today. (I live in Michigan and it rained all day)

Bike has 250 miles on it, Airbox has been cut, Two Brothers Exhaust, and Powercommander II.

I have two pics at: http://24.131.48.233/busa1.jpg
http://24.131.48.233/busa2.jpg

The dyno operator said at the top of each graph there is a lot of stumble caused by the chain or tire bouncing on the dyno wheel. He said the tire may be out of round a little (Since it has been burned a lot!) or the chain may be flexing. He also said this can take up to 5 horsepower away on the dyno runs. If you look at the pics you'll see when the bike gets to about 100 it starts to bounce a lot.

GSXRboy,

This is really interesting because I too have just dyno'd my busa and that came in at 180 bhp, and that is with a full akrapovic pipe fitted,but no other mods. Im surpised there is so much difference between our bhp readings. Also, i didnt have my pc2 installed on the run.

By the way, i have a euro spec bike, and i have found that the revised euro map that i have been using seems far worse than without the pc2 fitted at all. I only bought the pc2 cos it was a bit flat below 3000 rpm, what i may do is load up a standard euro map and then tweak the 10% throttle settings slightly and see what happens..

I'd be interested in hearing other peoples experiences in this area.

BANG!!! My bullsh!t detector just exploded!

180! yeah right......try uncorrected or DIN hp. Real SAE power will be about 165-170.

Can you post the dyno chart for us to see??

I have the Full Two Brothers Aluminum system. I think this is the part number:
005-910117 Hayabusa SS 4-2-1 with C-4 Round AL

Motown Harley in Taylor Michigan has a 200 there is also a place in Ann Arbor with a 250...

180 bhp? I'm not sure about that but mine is to the rear wheel not bhp. I'm not even sure how to check bhp personally but I know it is always a lot higher since your not taking the drive line into account.

Ah...yes, the 180bhp was at the crank, at the wheel is was in the low 160's. The speedo was reading 198, the dyno read 194, does that sound better?

Is Motown HD the store on Telegraph? I go that way often on my way to 1-75 South for Toledo.

Does the Dynojet 200 offer any better features than the 150....from the customers end of things? Different graphing outputs, different tests, etc.? Anyone?

Jim

WarpSpeedBusa - Yes it is off Telegraph just South of Northline. Just talk ask for Shawn and tell him Ken Compton sent you up there. He's a real nice guy, he worked on my for almost 5 hours last night.

As for the advantage of 200 over 150 I have no idea at all.

thats about the right hp if you got a full cut box.i just did a muzzy and it was at about 164.7 or so.the 200 is more accurate and does not rely on operator correction factors.

I must be doing somthing way wrong on my launches, because my 60 ft. time suck compared to your GSXRboy. I had my busa at lapeer last weekend and the best I could run was:

1.982 60ft.
7.047 1/8 et
118.4 1/8 MPH
10.374 1/4 et
144.77 1/4 MPH

had acouple with 120MHP 1/8 mph and 4 or 5 runs at 147 mph 1/4 MPH but slow overall 1/4 et's.
I have stock gearing and plenty of motor work..

I want to go in the 9's but couldn't maybe it the track most likly it me (first time at the track, had a blast.)

hmmmm track times with a 230lb guy aboard...... in the 9's. ok you two brothers bashers. lets see some ack and muzzy times with 230lb guys aboard................

just me stirrin the pot!

gsxr, i lost 35 lbs on the atkins diet. go for it! i went from 234 to 199.. the bike feels faster! taking weight off yourself is better than taking weight off the bike!

Busa1300 - There's a guy out at Milan with a bone stock 2k blue Busa with 1 gear down in the front, strapped, and dropped 2 positions running 1.52-1.58 60' times! I know once you get your 60' down your MPH will drop in the 1/8 and in the 1/4...Also what is done to your motor???

Back