Just did the small airbox mod

suzy1052

Registered
After months of debating and endless google searches I went ahead and did the small airbox mod. At age 47 this is my first F.I. bike after owning and tuning many ZX10/11's and even an 01 R1. I was skeptical like most people but all I can say is I have never spent so little time and even less money on a mod to get such an immediate HOLY SH*& factor. This thing came alive. If I lost any down low power I'll never miss it because after 3K it pulls HARD. Full throttle in first gear is useless (I like that by the way) and the throttle response rivals the 92 1100 Katana I had with Gsxr cams and Slingshot head. I must be honest and say I bought the bike equipped already with a full Akro, tre and bmc filter. I am using the canned Dynojet map with the accel pump feature enabled for it too so no doubt a custom map will realize even more gains. I can say there is a night and day difference for me before and after the mod.

I have a totally stock 05 and first is just as useless with 17/42 gearing. Have been debating myself the mod, but as I understand it makes no sense without efi tuning.

I have a totally stock 05 and first is just as useless with 17/42 gearing. Have been debating myself the mod, but as I understand it makes no sense without efi tuning.

Depends if you have all the other mods already. On a stone stock Hayabusa the airbox mod with BMC race filter still netted me HP gains. Hell a stone stock Hayabusa can benefit from a tune without any mods believe it or not. Not a lot but anything more than 1hp is worth the trouble. Eventually when you find 15 more 1hp gains.....you have 15hp more over stock. :rofl::rofl:

Cheap is good but Free is better

Back