attempting airbox mod

nme617

Registered
ok hi all i know i new to this whole this but i got to do a airbox mod b4 my bike gets remapped saturday so what i need is a lil help like a list of what i need to do the small airbox mod and i need to know if it is even worth my time i just hope and prey i dont mess up my new bike thnx to all

also i have no mech skills at all just wish the dealer i bought bike from could have dont it for me and remapped it while they had it for liek 2 months so links and your opinions on the mod will help me decide wether i shoudl attempt it or not i have to wait till 5 this afternoon to even get to the bike it is in storage but i can play around with it tonight so i thnk u all again if you can please help

Are you the new owner without a Power Commander ?

If so , I would not bother with the box mod .

If not , there's a zillion posts and photos of the small box mod that can be found using the search feature .

I assume you mean the Small Airbox Mod. You can do a search and get all the information you need or you can go to Brock's Performance and get the instructions.

It is really simple to do. I did mine in about 30 minutes this past weekend. Use a Dremel tool with a router bit, instead of drilling holes like in Brock's instructions.

well iam getting it remapped tomm so i figure i will try to do it and for now without a pc until i get alot of money to do insane mods then i will buy a pc but i have full yoshi exhaust tre and figure if i can do air mod when it gets remapped that should be fine for me for now

Click me
Click on the pictures to enlarge them.

I used a dremel tool and mine came out fine. As far as the pros and cons ...

Cons:
I noticed a slight loss of torque below 3000 RPM. It doesn't bother me because I'm seldomly under 3000 RPM.

Pros:
Above 3000 RPM the bike runs sweet. I should mention though, when I did this I was installing my Brock Hindle and a power commander at the same time I installed the modded airbox. In other words, I never ran the modded airbox alone to tell you the true difference between a stock airbox and a modded airbox alone.

(nme617 @ Mar. 20 2007,14:25) well iam getting it remapped  tomm so i figure i will try to do it and for now without a pc ...
Can a fuel injected bike be remapped without a power commander?
rock.gif

yeah the busa can i was told pc sort of useless on this bike since it can be remapped it costs money but once you got your bike together and stuff why bother pay 300 for pc u know if not needed just everytime after the remapping i do more will need a remap but what else will i need to do you know a turbo lol i got all i need on here and basically saved 230 bucks not getting pc

ok i read brocks site said i need to plug it with a marble lol thought it was just cut out flap and smooth out ?

so is it just cut out the area in piks and then smooth it out and then it is all sett? i seen things with heated silicone is taht part of the big mod?

If you remove the solenoid that operates the flapper valve, you have to plug that hole. Most of us have made a circle out of the flapper and then siliconed or epoxied that plastic circle over the hole from the outside of the box.

Don

Back