just did a refi

jch364

Registered
You know they say timing is everything. I bought my home last year in july. Just before the collapse. Ive never owned a home before in my life. My wife and I got married in june and then we bought the house a month later. Any way. I finally got to use my v.a. loan. All and all it was better for me than conventional. I locked in at 6.125. Now I just did a refi with it and changed banks and got it locked at 5. A fantastic deal as far as i am concerned. There is movement out there by banks thats for sure. the title guy said that in January they did 8 a week and starting in April they are doing about 80 a week now. It pays to shop around too. One other bank guy I talked to didnt seem to want to do the refi work for me. said the rate was close to 6 which is were i was already. Even though the one i ended up going with was 5% at the same time....

so if you guys were thinking of doing a refi now may be the best time. just fyi:thumbsup:

Nice.

We need somewhere around 4.5% before it'll make sense for us.

was that with no points? around here there are banks offering the good fixed rates but want 1 or even 2 points.

Back