Who's contemplating a Re Finance?

Have you considered refinancing your mortgage?

• Yes

Votes: 50 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Up until now I didn't know it was this good! Going to check on it ASAP

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
only have 1 year paid so far so I dont think we could swing it
but we started off at 6.25 and have been paying that payment after we got 6 so we will do the same when we get 5.5 so it should cut down some years

Every penny extra to principal will pay that sucker down in a hurry....

Average time it takes to reach 51% of your payment going to principal on a 30 year note?

A) 15 years
B) 18 years
C) 23 years

C) 23 years...

With record low interest rates now being offered the urge to resist was futile! The wifey and I ran down to the sister-in-laws Mortgage Co and did the refi thing.... Interest rates were at 4.72% yesterday! Woo Hoo I'm told that these are some of the lowest rates seen in over 37 years!
:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Umm yeah bug, you need to get me her number if she got you that rate!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There just numbers until you sign the papers....
We didn't get a lock yet so who knows where will end up!
But, its still nice dreaming

Always keep it 30. Then double or triple or quadruple your payments.

--Wag--

I already have a 5.5% FHA mortgage and with only 11 years left, it was not in my best interest to refi. Good luck to all of you that got a good deal....

It has been fluctuating from 5.19 to roughly 5.33 on a thirty-year fixed.... I would expect it to dip at least one more time in the very near future. I did pay but can make the difference up in just over a year! Plus, I ditched the PMI portion of my original FHA loan. :beerchug:

For myself it was a win/win situation. :thumbsup:

Back