just checking out what's going on in the forum...

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I was looking at the pics from the HIH. So many new faces! Then I was looking at the spring bash pics.....where is everybody? After not participating on the forum for a long time, it's kind ofcinteresting to get on and see what's going on. I feel like I can see how people move through events and how the gatherings change from year to year as people have kids, or send youngsters off to college, or like me, move in a somewhat different motorcycling direction.

I have moved on to a couple of BMWs, and people ask if I still have the busa and the answer is always a resounding "YES'!

I didn't insure it this year as I found the cost of supporting 2 bikes a little heavy on the wallet and the busa is not a cheap bike to run. I am not sure I can do that next year though. The smile factor is incredibly high on the busa and it sure ticks off the boxes for me.

This past spring I rode solo down to southern Mexico, I was about a day or so away from the Guatemala border. Not as epic as my Alaska trip though. On wed. Sept. 10, I am flying to Germany, renting a bike, and riding the Alps for two weeks. Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Slovenia.

This trip may not have been possible if I had kept two bikes on the road, I chose to ride the lower (kinda) cost bmw this summer. Lower in that insurance and fuel costs are much cheaper.

I miss my busa! I had to put the cover over her so I wouldnt feel quite so horribly guilty, I feel like I am punishing her by not taking her out......I am a bad busa mommy!

Good to hear from you, we where talking about you at HIH.

Im sure Chrisjp will chime in soon.

Have a great trip, im soooo jealous!

what's up, skittles? glad to hear all is going well and i'm extremely jealous of the Europe trip, that sounds like a great time! like GIXERHP said, you came up in discussion at HIH, we were wondering how you had been lately and where you had been riding...i'm really looking forward to you sharing your pics from the Mexico trip (hint, hint, hint :laugh:)

Back