Just call me "Stoney"

Me and kidney stones seem to have a passionate love affair. About 4 years ago I had about 8 surgeries to get them out of me. I was machine gun joe there for awhile I could pop them out....:whistle:

Well, for the last month or so, every time I do anything physical, I get blood in my urine (I know, TMI)...so i finally went back to the Doctor.

The CT scan reveals I have a 1.3 CENTIMETER stone in my right kidney. That's right, CENTIMETER. That's about the size of a peanut. My doctor likes it to 'A soccer ball trying to go down a sink drain"..I wish I could say I was so well-endowed that I could pass it, but don't think so...

So, in the next week or so, I get to have the privilege of going to the hospital for a outpatient "proceedure" where they put me out, shove a laser up a bodily orifice (take a guess which one), blast the living poop out of that peanut, and vaccum out the pieces, leaving a plastic tube (and a string) in for a few days that I have the immense pleasure of pulling out myself...The only good thing is I get a lot of drugs....

Tufbusa says he'll give me a hundred bucks to get ahold of the end of the string.....I don't think he's got enough money for me to let him do that...

FULL PICS AND VIDEO TO FOLLOW NOT:laugh:

Sorry to hear that you get to have the wonderful experience of going threw that procedure. Hope to hear that you heal soon and are back on the bike in no time.

What do you mean, get back on two soon...I've got a TRACKDAY this weekend! Putting it off until afterwards!

But, if people report of seeing me lying on the ground in the pits crying like a baby.....

What do you mean, get back on two soon...I've got a TRACKDAY this weekend! Putting it off until afterwards!

But, if people report of seeing me lying on the ground in the pits crying like a baby.....

:laugh: of course you will be riding, what was I thinking?
Just be careful Please.
I have not had one but coworkers have and they seem to hit quickly. But that is one HUGE stone, Stoney!:laugh:
Good luck.

I was woken from a deep sleep a few weeks back by what felt like someone jabbing a red hot poker in my back, was crawling around the bedroom floor puking before I was convinced to go to the ER. I'm not the toughest guy in the world, but I can deal with pain usually. That was by far the worst pain I have ever felt, bar none. I have broken both ankles, ribs, nose, tailbone, fingers, arm and this was a billion times worse. Diagnosis was kidney stone, they shot me with some Demerol and all was warm and fuzzy for a few hours....
Hurts pretty bad when it moves, which it does occasionally, but Vicodin takes the edge off. Passing it is gonna be lots of fun I'm sure......

I was woken from a deep sleep a few weeks back by what felt like someone jabbing a red hot poker in my back, was crawling around the bedroom floor puking before I was convinced to go to the ER. I'm not the toughest guy in the world, but I can deal with pain usually. That was by far the worst pain I have ever felt, bar none. I have broken both ankles, ribs, nose, tailbone, fingers, arm and this was a billion times worse. Diagnosis was kidney stone, they shot me with some Demerol and all was warm and fuzzy for a few hours....
Hurts pretty bad when it moves, which it does occasionally, but Vicodin takes the edge off. Passing it is gonna be lots of fun I'm sure......

Dude...1.3 CENTIMETERS ain't gonna pass...

But yeah, I've been there done that too. I actually had one move on me one weekend I was on duty...so, here I am in ACU's laying on the floor in the ER bathroom puking...that was NOT one of my better moments. Demerol is your friend I love that stuff I'm glad they don't sell it OTC. So far I have been able to control the pain with a Aleve (doesn't hurt if I don't move around too much, but I just mowed the yard and it's bugging me now), but I've got stronger standing by.

Dude...1.3 CENTIMETERS ain't gonna pass...

But yeah, I've been there done that too. I actually had one move on me one weekend I was on duty...so, here I am in ACU's laying on the floor in the ER bathroom puking...that was NOT one of my better moments. Demerol is your friend I love that stuff I'm glad they don't sell it OTC. So far I have been able to control the pain with a Aleve (doesn't hurt if I don't move around too much, but I just mowed the yard and it's bugging me now), but I've got stronger standing by.
I was referring to mine passing!:lol:
I don't see how anyone could function doped up on Demerol, I could barely walk to the radiology department, but I wasn't about to be put in a wheelchair....it took some focus, but I eventually figured out how to make my feet move correctly!

I was referring to mine passing!:lol:
I don't see how anyone could function doped up on Demerol, I could barely walk to the radiology department, but I wasn't about to be put in a wheelchair....it took some focus, but I eventually figured out how to make my feet move correctly!

Gotcha.

Do whatever it takes to clear up the stones. Watch certain foods. I have high uric acid most my life and kidney stones. I had no idea over time it would lead to CKD (chronic kidney disease) I am stage 3. Hell of a way to learn a lesson. I have blood and protein in my urine and it will never get better only worse.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR GFR CHECKED!!

What is "GFR"?

Just scheduled; AM Next Tuesday the THIRTEENTH is the big day!

What is "GFR"?

Just scheduled; AM Next Tuesday the THIRTEENTH is the big day!

GFR - glomerular filtration rate is the best test to measure your level of kidney function and determine your stage of kidney disease. Your doctor can calculate it from the results of your blood creatinine test, your age, race, gender and other factors.

The earlier kidney disease is detected, the better the chance of slowing or stopping its progression.

Not enough people check their number and you can have kidney disease and not even know it until it is too late.
good luck

I'll ask him we are going to do some tests after I get this thing out.

Do whatever it takes to clear up the stones. Watch certain foods. I have high uric acid most my life and kidney stones. I had no idea over time it would lead to CKD (chronic kidney disease) I am stage 3. Hell of a way to learn a lesson. I have blood and protein in my urine and it will never get better only worse.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR GFR CHECKED!!

same here, high uric acid, i take Allopurinol for them every day for the rest of my life is what the doc says to keep from getting them

ive had 7 stones...had lithotripsy once..it was 5 times to big to fit through the opening to my bladder...were they smash them with sound...glad i havent had any lately...they SUCK...lol

i though of starting a gravel pit...:laugh:

Stoney out of surgery waiting to go home. Dr. said he got it and kidney looked ok no complications.. Maybe I can get In a ride taday!!

This thread worthless without. Well maybe no pics are best afterall

NO PICS. Am home now. Doctor left a little 'surprise' that I can't pull out until Thursday (I know, TMI). He says he got it all and my kidney looked ok so that's good news.

Back