Just brought my '08 Home

select20

Registered
Well, I jsut got home with the New Busa. Traded in my R1, now I got both ZX14 and Busa in the garage. Feels good. Rode it home, I know some of you would like to hear my analysis so far.

Hmm where to start..

First thing I noticed was that the Transmission on the Busa was much much smoother. Even more so than any bike I've ridden which is pretty much limited to Sport Bikes.

Sound of the Stock Busa was nicer.

Looks wise, I still can't decide which I like better, both bikes are sexy.

Levers on the Busa will be changed asap, Not comfortable at all compared to the ZX14.

ZX14 has a much smoother ride, which is one thing I didn't like about the Busa.

Instrument Cluster, goes to the ZX14. I just like gadgets is all, my taste.

Brakes were one of the first things I noticed once I started riding, and of course everyone knows this already but the Brakes on the Busa really need work to be up to par. Compared to the ZX14, the Busa brakes are terrible.

On the ZX14, if you let out the clutch giving it no gas, the bike wants to move. On the Busa doing that same thing feels like you have to give it gas or it feels like it will die. Don't like that at all.

Ergonomics go to the ZX14 by far. I'm only 5'7" 170lbs and My knees didn't feel cramped on the Busa, but I can see how someone taller than me would think so. You lean alot further forward on the Busa. Seat is softer on the ZX14.

All in all, now owning both bikes the Big question is which bike do I like better? At this point, I like the ZX14 better, to be completely honest. Which bike is better? Neither one really, I do believe that the winner between these two bikes will be up to the riders, not the bike. Am I sorry I bought the Busa? Not at all, I absolutly love both bikes, but if I had to pick, it would be the ZX14. I hope my words dont' get blown out of proportion here saying I think the ZX14 is awesome and the Busa is crap, not at all. I'll say it again, I love both bikes, but they're not kids and I don't have to like them equally just because I bought both of them. Do I regret not getting myself a ZX14? Not at all, I'm proud to have them both in the garage. I would've regreted getting a ZX14 because I already have one.

Since its dark out I'll take picture tomorrow and post them.

I'm so thankful for the ZX14 raising the stakes to give us the 08 Busa. Give us an update after you put a few hundred miles on the Busa.

lurk.gif

No, I own an '07 ZX-14 and an '08 Busa.

Since its dark out I'll take better pics tomorrow. Obviously that is the R1 I traded in. Hated to see her go. Link is to the ZX14 forum I post in also (i will be posting in both forums). There are pics there, can't figure out how to get them on here after 30mins.

http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8703
oh...ok then, thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to make sure you were comparing Apples with Oranges!

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

On the ZX14, if you let out the clutch giving it no gas, the bike wants to move. On the Busa doing that same thing feels like you have to give it gas or it feels like it will die. Don't like that at all.
[/quote]

I bet you would hate a formula 1...
thumb_up.gif

If my org/blk 08 Busa doesn't hurry up and get here I might be head'n down to my local Kawasaki dealer and picking up the 08 Silver 14. I'm getting tired of waiting!!!
banghead.gif

Back