After 350miles...

select20

Registered
Well, I will say that in the last 200miles, I've really come to love the Busa and its short comings. Over all a great bike. I still take the wife's ZX14 out every now and then just to see the difference and I do still like it more than I do the Busa in the stock configuration. Now, upgrade the seat, get risers, higher windscreen, better brakes on the Busa, and to me it would be perfect. Busa Handling is head and shoulders above the ZX14, thats for sure. Love that.

Quick question, what is up with the buzzing 4500-6000 rpms? Man the more I ride the more annoying it is. I almost avoid those spots and/or dread them coming up when I'm riding. Any way to fix it?

Over all, I love my new Busa. Would I trade it for a new ZX14 if I could? No way. This might sound funny, but you you ride a ZX14, you're actually part of the Busa when you ride, even if you're uncomfortable. Glad I made the decision to get a Busa, its deffinetly been a fun experience. Fun having both the Big Bikes in the Garage.

Now, better brakes on the Busa
I have to admit, our brakes on the K8 are a big disappointment. IMO. they just ain't cutting the mustard. Sure, the bike stops when you use them, but... the feel is just crap. The initial bite... isn't. I find I have to reef back on the lever a helleva lot more than I have to in order to haul down other big, fast machines at speed. There is a certain "vagueness" that is a little hard to describe... but is glaringly apparent at the controls.
sadnews.gif

It's a shame, because this 4-pot Tokico monoblock calipers are supposed to be The $hit, so after I finish with my Spiegler/Galfer upgrades, I am hoping this turns out to be the case.

done.jpg

I hope you get to the point where your brakes don't leave you unimpressed.

I, personally, have no issues with my '08. It is hands down better than the Gen1, mechanically, and as far as the styling goes, well, some people are just going to have to get used to it...I guess.

I'm glad to see so many people on the ORG are stepping up and making that purchase. It is a clear barometer on Suzuki's success in their effort to change what has for a very long time, been totally solid.

Scar

Well, I will say that in the last 200miles, I've really come to love the Busa and its short comings. Over all a great bike. I still take the wife's ZX14 out every now and then just to see the difference and I do still like it more than I do the Busa in the stock configuration. Now, upgrade the seat, get risers, higher windscreen, better brakes on the Busa,  and to me it would be perfect. Busa Handling is head and shoulders above the ZX14, thats for sure. Love that.

Quick question, what is up with the buzzing 4500-6000 rpms? Man the more I ride the more annoying it is. I almost avoid those spots and/or dread them coming up when I'm riding. Any way to fix it?

Over all, I love my new Busa. Would I trade it for a new ZX14 if I could? No way. This might sound funny, but you you ride a ZX14, you're actually part of the Busa when you ride, even if you're uncomfortable. Glad I made the decision to get a Busa, its deffinetly been a fun experience. Fun having both the Big Bikes in the Garage.
No way to fix the buzzing...its an inherent part of the machine. Staying on top of chain adjustment helps alot tho. I love my busa but being a tall guy its a little cramped for long rides. They really needed to stretch the ergo's out alittle on the new bike for us bigger guys
sad.gif
Between that and the vibes it aint my first choice for a long ride.

Oh, I'm pretty sure I will get there, eventually.

And like I say, it's not like they don't really work... the bike does stop. Just not with the feedback and aggressiveness I would like to see... and do see on other big-bore hyperbikes.

Several moto-journalists said reasonably good things about the brakes during the Salzburgring intro, but I am beginning to wonder if Suzuki may have slipped in a different pad compound to deal with the speeds the press guys were putting on....
rock.gif

Wouldn't be the first time a bike had a little special treatment during its press intro....
dunno.gif

Try syncing the throttlebodies. That usually will smooth a bike out.

Steel Braided lines should make a huge difference on the brake. Its on my check list for up grades. I like Pazzo levers as well.

The buzzing is a bit of a drag on one hand, I noticed it as well, but it's a reminder of the beast of a motor down there. next oil change I'm going full synthetic, also tightening up the chain. I'll let you know if there's any difference at all..

This will sound funny, I love the rear end of our bike now. Especially looking at it from the side with the hump on. Beautiful.

Oh, I'm pretty sure I will get there, eventually.

And like I say, it's not like they don't really work... the bike does stop. Just not with the feedback and aggressiveness I would like to see... and do see on other big-bore hyperbikes.

Several moto-journalists said reasonably good things about the brakes during the Salzburgring intro, but I am beginning to wonder if Suzuki may have slipped in a different pad compound to deal with the speeds the press guys were putting on....  
rock.gif

Wouldn't be the first time a bike had a little special treatment during its press intro....  
dunno.gif
just do one thing
hello.gif

put a BERINGER BR14 MC radial
cool.gif

Well, I will say that in the last 200miles, I've really come to love the Busa and its short comings. Over all a great bike. I still take the wife's ZX14 out every now and then just to see the difference and I do still like it more than I do the Busa in the stock configuration. Now, upgrade the seat, get risers, higher windscreen, better brakes on the Busa,  and to me it would be perfect. Busa Handling is head and shoulders above the ZX14, thats for sure. Love that.

Told cha.
laugh.gif

I didn't get the annoying buzz until I took the bike in for the 600 mile oil change. I took it back to the Dealer and told him the vibration was not there before the check up, so they rechecked everything again, still no solution.

I'm going to go back and ask that they check the chain & syncing of throttlebody.

The Vibration is ANNOYING, and it was not there during the first 600 miles!
ohthedrama.gif

Back