Just bought my first busa..a modded 07...what are some of the "must have" mods?

darkostoj

Registered
Suzuki : Hayabusa : eBay Motors (item 170482423830 end time May-07-10 12:11:35 PDT)

Its got 2k miles and a guy traded it in for a new ducati. I searched for the dealer and called em up...i was shocked when he told me the reserve so I had him check everything on it and told him to ship it out.

anyone know anything about the mods? Its got a full yoshimura exhaust, bcm filter, power commander, and a faux carbon windscreen. The guy said they tuned it on their dyno there also.

What other mods should I get to increase the comfort/looks/performance of it? I've owned lots of bikes, but never a busa.

Also the tires are low, any recommendations on what to get?

busa.jpg

busa2.jpg

Was never a fan of the stock levers... Get some ASV's, Pazzo's, or FP Tacticle's.

Def upgrade the front brakelines to steelbraided & get some EBC HH pads... takes away that "spongey" stopping.
If you wanna throw out the money, get some Galfer Wave Rotors also.

Of course, the stock headlight bulb (H7 Low beam/ 9005 High beam) is terrible for night vision, so get HID's... DDMTuning.com sells em the cheapest I've found.

You're gonna wanna upgrade the forksprings. Best time to get heavier springs would be when you gotta replace your forkseals when they start leaking.

If it's running hot in constant highheat weather, upgrade your cooling fan blade to a Muzzy and some people add a second fan on the other side of the radiator using one off of a gixxer w/ a modified bracket.

If you're tall and wanna drop the pegs alil, a cheap way to go would be putting on some Buell pegs. They also make plenty of rearsets to choose from if you wanna spend the money.

Also, alot of people like swapping out the mirrors w/ ones off of a Gixxer. They're thinner stemmed and stick out further for better vision.

Oh and :welcome:

Did I miss anything guys?.....

Last edited:
If the ride height bothers your hands, think about genmar risers and helibars. Buell peg mod lowers foot height a little also.

What kind of riding do you intend to do? that will change the tire recommendation. For a good mileage tire that also handles well at a great price, look at Avon Storms...

Looks familiar.

I like chrome wheels, emblems and engine covers. Also, the front and rear sets look good chrome (I am saving for those:poke: )

The handle bar risers are great for if you plan on some long trips, takes alot of weight off your wrists. I have to galfer front braided lines, however, I do not recommend them I am going to bleed them again but as of right now the stock lines feel much better. EBC brake pads sqeek stay with suzuki brand I got over 35,000 miles out of my factory front set of pads. I have the Galfer HH pads now with less than 5,000 miles on them and they are wore out. Also, stay with the factory rotors unless they are warped. Mine were warped I paid way too much for the EBC Contour rotors and with less than 5,000 miles on them they have wore down more than the factory ones did with over 35,000. And so someone doesn't chime in and say they are not wore out. I checked the factory rotors with mic's over 35,000 miles the factory wore down .008, then I check the EBC Contour with less than 5,000 miles they have wore down .0135 at this rate I will need new rotors by next month!!!! I have contacted Pashnit (site sponser I bought from) I am sure he will make it right. My advice on the brakes for you stay everything factory, Suzuki is going to put exactly what it needs for brakes from factory if they didn't it would be a lawsuit for them.

IMGP2638.jpg

IMGP2605.jpg

Was never a fan of the stock levers... Get some ASV's, Pazzo's, or FP Tacticle's.

Def upgrade the front brakelines to steelbraided & get some EBC HH pads... takes away that "spongey" stopping.
If you wanna throw out the money, get some Galfer Wave Rotors also.

i did notice on my brothers(has the same one) the brakes were real spongy feeling compared to an 07 r1 I had. What kind of lines do you reccomend and where should I get them?

Of course, the stock headlight bulb (H7 Low beam/ 9005 High beam) is terrible for night vision, so get HID's... DDMTuning.com sells em the cheapest I've found.

How hard are those to install. I definately will do the HID's on both our bikes

If you're tall and wanna drop the pegs alil, a cheap way to go would be putting on some Buell pegs. They also make plenty of rearsets to choose from if you wanna spend the money.

I'm definately going to look into those buell pegs. I'm 6'3 and I'm sure they would help tons

If the ride height bothers your hands, think about genmar risers and helibars. Buell peg mod lowers foot height a little also.

What kind of riding do you intend to do? that will change the tire recommendation. For a good mileage tire that also handles well at a great price, look at Avon Storms...
My brothers bike has some of those aftermarket style handlebars. I'm gonna ride mine and then his to compare what I like more.

Just standard riding....but I did wreck once on a set of tires not gripping when they locked up on the front brakes so I will never skimp out on tires again. I need to have a quality set.

Looks familiar.

did you see it on ebay?

I'm a fan of the all black look, so I'm going to powdercoat everything on the bike that isn't black.

I want to get rid of the spongey feeling brakes so i'm going to do the stainless brake lines, and maybe another type of pad once the stockers wear out.

get the suspension dialed in, does wonders for performance and comfort

whats the best way to do this?

thanks for all the help so far guys!! Keep the info coming!

anyone have any experience with the yoshimura full exhaust and the power commander? How much power you guys think I may have gained?

Also isnt there some kind of chip or something that would make it unlimited like the 99 model year or something? What do those exactly do? I heard they give full timing at low rpm, but my bike had a tune so I'm not sure how putting something like that on would mess with it.

first thigns first...

slap a turbo on it :laugh:

It really comes down to the type of ridding you do. I would first concentrate on safety, then comfort, then handling and performance. Just get out and ride the wheels off. :thumbsup:

The best mod I've done so far has got to be Galfer steel braded brake lines and pads. As far as looks and comfort thats all up to your own personal taste. And tires are about riding style. I have Bridgestone BT016's and they are great, but I don't know how long they will last.

Not much else I can recommned that others have not stated, welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

Also isnt there some kind of chip or something that would make it unlimited like the 99 model year or something? What do those exactly do? I heard they give full timing at low rpm, but my bike had a tune so I'm not sure how putting something like that on would mess with it.
What you're talking about is called a Timing Retard Eliminator or TRE... It makes your bike think it's still in 5th gear when you get it into 6th so the 186mph limiter doesn't kick in. I'm selling one in the classifieds for $10.00 plus shipping if you're interested. It's plug and play.

whats so great about the levers?
Comfort. You can adjust em alot more for different reaches, whether you have smaller or larger hands.
And also have the "Shorty" levers in all the above brands if you wanna "2 Finger" it.

Last edited:
There is a sale on the Dunlop Q2 this Saturday, for around $200.00 There is a thread here about it somewhere, just do a search.

I'm LOVING the blacked out pipe
WELCOME !!

Back