Jumping speed odometer

Cisco2238

Registered
Hello fellow Busa lovers I have a quick question, my speed odometer jumps around on my 07 Busa instead of giving me an accurate reading. I've noticed it's about 5 mph off and if I'm going 60 it bounces between 60 and 65. Any ideas on what I need to change to correct this problem. Or has any one had this issue?

I would check to see if the pick-up/sensor is clean first. It's in the front sprocket cover, small black eye with a wire(s)going to it, can't miss it.
If not, you can email Scott at Blue Guages, He may able to repair it if it is the speedometer itself.
That's where I would start, as I've never had or heard of this problem on the Busa.

Bluegauges.com - Ordering Info

Had a speedohealer cause this before. It was picking up too many vibes from the bike where it was mounted.
It was a little bit faster than 60 though :laugh:
Like 6pac said,check pickup/sensor

What changed? Was it working OK and then what changed to make it go bounce around?

Does it happen on every ride?
Is it always the same bouncing around at the same speed?
Did you add any electronics?

There is a small chance that it could be a loose connection behind the speedometer or a little corrosion.
Try unplugging the connector and then reattaching it a few times.

5mph off (high) at 60 is about normal...I read that the speedo was originally set up to have a 18T front sprocket but at the last minute it was changed to a 17T for better acceleration...they never bothered to change the speedo calibration to keep it accurate.
Loose connection on the clocks or bad sensor is likely the cause of the bouncing

Back