July motorcyclist issue: the king is dead

rock.gif

The fact is - we know what the busa is like - we know what the other bikes are like - and we have an awesome rider... street, sport, or otherwise.

...i gotta go pee...
tounge.gif

All I can say is I'd buy the BMW K1200S loooong befor I bought the Kawi pretender to the throne.

This is Kawi's 2nd or third ( if ya count the ZX-10 ) attempt to overthrow our reign. If ya actually
ride the 14 you'll see that they've fallen short again. They try to use the excuse of the
"gentlemen's" agreement neglecting the fact that the Busa could have been upgraded to meet ANY
threat if necessary. Heck Kawi couldn't even hit the sitting target, what makes them ( or anyone )
think they could hit a moving one? Look at their track record VS the GSXR's, even when they cheat
the can't win. ( ZX-6 636 vs GSXR 600 ) And does anyone make an UGLIER sport bike than Kawi??

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1440"|1150495501 -->

I'd just like to know why the busa was not considered a real world sport bike by Motor Cyclist especially when they included the FZ1.

I'm not knocking the FZ1, but it can't hold a candle to the Busa. It has limited wind protection and a lot less power.

Motorcyclist used to do a complete sport bike comparison with all the major manufactures biggest down to the 600's. One issue would be the 1,000 cc and higher another the 750 class and another the 600 class.

I haven't been subscribed to Motorcyclist since I sold my GS 1150ES a little over 10 years ago then subscribed when I bought my Busa last June.

I hope they still do the same comparisons as I remember them.

When and if a second generation Busa hits the showrooms, if I have the money I will most definitely grab one.

If not I would still be happy for what ever years to come with my 2000 red and grey bird of prey until the money came along for an upgrade!
Got any pics of your GS1150ES? I just sold mine last December (after 20 years) after I bought the Busa.

But Back on topic. I used to be a long time subscriber to every major US motorcycle magazine. I have about 30 years worth of Bike magazines in the Garage in Rubbermaid containers. Motorcyclist was my Favorite back in the days. But they seem to have gotten watered down over the years. I quit subscribing because of it. I pick one up now and then but thats it.
No pics of the GS 1150ES. It was a Blue/White.

I lost a few pieces of lower fairing from the cheapo design that held them together. The pegs would break and cause the piece to blow off while riding.

One was stolen right off of the bike. They were only pressed on.

I also use to save the major bike magazines but no where near the amount you have. About 5 years worth of Motorcyclist, Cycle World and Cycle.

I got rid of them after I sold the 1150. Couldn't bare to look at bikes any more.

Think of it this way: The Busa is currently on the prowl. As long as sales are still strong, Busa will remain the same. Being the fastest is not the primary reason why people buy bikes. If that were the case, then everyone would be riding Busas don't you all think?
rock.gif
After 8 years with basically no changes and still strongly competing with those who are trying to dethrone it speaks volumes for the Busa. Don't buy into the hype and just wait for the next generation of Busa. It's guaranteed to once again devour it's prey. And that's all I have to say about that.

Probably the wrong place to post, but I've searched this site and didn't see anything on this.....

I just added an 06 Busa to my toy box. Currently a Bourget chopper pilot, but had to have a Busa after several rides on a buddies 03. Wow, my definition of performance took on a whole new meaning!!!!

Would appreciate your opinions on what the best sport bike magazines are.

Thanks,

ps; my red/blk 06 Busa is supposed to be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(SLA1500 @ Jan. 01 2007,18:58) Probably the wrong place to post, but I've searched this site and didn't see anything on this.....

I just added an 06 Busa to my toy box. Currently a Bourget chopper pilot, but had to have a Busa after several rides on a buddies 03. Wow, my definition of performance took on a whole new meaning!!!!

Thanks,

Wow you dredged up a six month old post for this?
poke.gif

Just kidding! Cycle World is about the only one I have a subscription to anymore. None of the US bike magazines are worth a damn these days. Road-racing world is a good one but a bit focused as the name implies.

(SLA1500 @ Jan. 01 2007,18:58) Probably the wrong place to post, but I've searched this site and didn't see anything on this.....

Thanks,

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
I'm no expert, buuut, I think the Busa is in a class of it's own. I've read a lot on Busa v. Kawi and they all call it to close to call. Any advantage is micro. At my local shop you never see a Busa. A very purdy Black Kawi has been sitting there since November. The employees tell me that everytime a Busa comes in it's sold before assembly.

I don't know you, but take a little time to get to know your new Busa before cranking the throttle to hard. It is a monster bike. Maybe that's the Busa niche.
cool.gif

That was  good article.  The Busa is still king and if you the least bit curious, go to any cycle shop and look in the showroom and see how many 14 and busa's are in there.  I gaurantee you wont find a busa on the floor because they're normally sold before they're out of the crate.   14's tend to hang around for a long time.  Gonna have to quote BACHARLES and say no more.

(Supergsxr @ Jan. 03 2007,07:35) That was  good article.  The Busa is still king and if you the least bit curious, go to any cycle shop and look in the showroom and see how many 14 and busa's are in there.  I gaurantee you wont find a busa on the floor because they're normally sold before they're out of the crate.    14's tend to hang around for a long time.   Gonna have to quote BACHARLES and say no more.
Better take a look at my zook dealer, he has 6  06 Busas sitting on the show room and more in crates in the back ... He has discounted them 999.00  bucks and they are still setting there... Down at the kawi dealer he can't keep the zx14 on the floor, when he doesn't have one he calls me to bring mine down to show people....
wow.gif
What blows me away is the white ugly zx14 , he ordered 4 of them and they all sold before the black and blue ones !!!
ices_rofl.gif

Back