Motorcyclist mag V-Max first ride

Zoinks!

Registered
Motorcyclist mag did their "first ride" article on the new max, and from what they've written the Bking is it's rival, not the busa. Here's a quote. . "Given enough grip at the line, he figures it's not a question of whether it would get into the nines, but how far. How far is sort of a recurring theme on this mission, as in how far can you go without ending up in a CHP cruiser or the emergency ward? In these Northern San Diego County twisty bits, the answer is farther than you'd think. NOt far enough to sniff at a well ridden Hayabusa's tail light, but that rock solid chassis and admirably compliant suspension get the max around corners more quickly than anything this big and heavy has a right to." Also. . . "Objective measurements will have to wait until they quare off at the drag strip, but the V-Max feels every bit as quick as Suzuki's B-King, and no less fun to ride." And on the specs section it has a heading for rivals, and under that heading are the BMW K1200R, Kawasaki Z1000, Suzuki B-King, and Triumph Rocket III. I'm still interested to see how it does on the strip, being as they say it should be getting into the 9's. That does happen to be where the busa is hangin out right now, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see when someone puts it out on the track.

No surprise,...... they said the heavier VMax will not handle the twisties as well as a Busa, just like we all know a Busa will not handle the twisties as well as a liter bike.

Until someone puts a new Max on the dyno (not the corporate dyno run #'s Yamaha has been hinting at) and actually runs the Max on a real drag strip and shows the time slips I will reserve judgment. Everyone that has rode it is amazed, but then usually new things are liked until the new wears off. I like the looks of the new Max.

They will eventually do a shootout against the B-king. In the end they will say the V-max motor is better, suspension is better, but the overall package there is not a performance difference between the B-king and the Max when you actuallly use it for a trip or daily ride. So take the $7000 savings on the B-king and make it a much better bike than the Max.

At 7K price difference it should do 9's pulling chevy aveo on a chain. Cause i think a 18K busa or Bking would give a pro stock car a run for its money.

??? That is for sure! Nice bike, but not worth the price.
Its WAY overpriced. In todays economy its going to have a small market. It'll go the way of the Honda Rune in a couple years....one of the better bikes to never be :laugh:
Of course when yamaha was designing and pricing it, they had no way of knowing god was going to flush the worlds financial toilet :laugh:

Bring on the the Vmax. I'll put my Bking against it any day.
I have Yosh tri's and a power commander on mine. Total cost around 12.500.
Not to mention the fact that with the above and me @ 240 lbs the king did 10.4 @ 138 in Wichita, KS on a HOT and MUGGY night (no lowering kit either).
I can't wait for shootout.:laugh:

Back