• Chuck "The Iceman" Lidell

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigDiesel

Registered
whatta you guys think?
Is The Iceman guna keep his winning streak and 'avenge' his last loss in MMA, or is Rampage goin to tear thru Chuck like Chinese Rice paper?

IMO-goin to be a great first round with Rampage starting upstairs, then working on a few take-downs; depending on how well that goes, I see 1 of 2 things happening:
1) (assuming Rampage can take down Chuck) Rampage will dominate from the ground n take a Win by KO/ref stoppage...not calling a round for the end...
2) (assuming Chuck's sprawl is too good for Rampage) Chuck will catch Rampage with his 'fists if Fury' n send'im to the mat, KO...I just hope it takes more than 5 minutes so I have at least one great fight to tape
all_coholic.gif

the undercard for this event is good too:
Ivan Salaverry vs. Terry Martin
Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Burkman
Keith Jardine vs. Houston Alexander
Cris Lieben vs. Kalib Starnes

guna be a great Memorial Day weekend-fights, friends and if Im lucky, maybe even a Busa to ride!!!

Chuck will keep his belt. As far as the other fights I have to think more on them. Should be a great night of fights though.
beerchug.gif

Gonna be a good one.. Im gonna have to say Rampage tho, just to break up the conformity..

And the undercards arent that great but I believe the Jardine fight is gonna be good with Jardine taking it by KO.

BigDawg- I agree Rampage is very dangerous standing....but most people have never seen Chuck's ground-game...fighters whom I know that trained w/him say he is still lethal-he wont go for a submission but he will pound with elbows n puches...until he can get up n hammer you from a standing position again
all_coholic.gif

but this will hopefully be a better fight than the last one for Kro Cop....
SHOCKED.gif
good lord, that man got folded up like a college kids' laundry- BADLY I hope to see Chuck n Rampage go at it for at least 3 rounds...I wana see who has the skillz long-term, not a lucky KO 45-sec. into the match.

ps-Karo will have his hands full, and Lieben has a good chance if Kalib tries to bang w/him-Cris has a head like a BRICK.

(extreemachine @ May 14 2007,23:19) My picks for the night go as follows:

Chuck Liddell

Ivan Salaverry

Karo Parisyan

Keith Jardine

Kalib Starnes
I agree with exception of the last fight.... thats hard to call... both are good. I think leiben has the talent to win but is very sloppy.... I would put my money on leiben I think

Iceman in the first round!
You heard it here folks ...

That Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Burkman should be an interesting undercard.

Chuck Liddell
-I think he's a better fighter now than when he lost to Rampage. And frankly I think guys like Horn and Ortiz pose more of a threat to him than Jackson.

Karo Parisyan
-I just love watching this guy for some reason. I hope he does well.

Keith Jardine

I'm hoping Rampage takes this one ... however this is coming from the guy who actually thought Babalu had a realistic chance against Liddell.
tounge.gif

unless Lidell goes on a 24-hr coke binge the night before the fight....I cant think of anything that'll stop him from knocking Rampage the F**K out-he's gotten stronger, faster, n smarter...I seen a few of Rampage's latest fights...looks like the same cat from 7-8 years ago, only a lil bigger
lurk.gif

anybody watch the fite-night last night?? watched Rashad Evans put Sean Salmon to SLEEP!!
SHOCKED.gif
dude's toes were curled up, whole body was seizin' from the kick to the dome Rashad laid on'em
SHOCKED.gif
nasssssty!

SHOCKED.gif

(BigDiesel @ May 19 2007,06:39) anybody watch the fite-night last night?? watched Rashad Evans put Sean Salmon to SLEEP!!
SHOCKED.gif
dude's toes were curled up, whole body was seizin' from the kick to the dome Rashad laid on'em
SHOCKED.gif
nasssssty!
That was friggin sick....

SHOCKED.gif

whaaaaaat???

man, you think that was 'scripted'? i dont know anyone who'd KNOWINGLY take a roundhouse to the FACE with their mouth hangin open too....

however...i will say this-some title fights *cough* Tim Silvia *cough* punk-azz pu**y *cough* are definitely played out by the fighters just to make the rounds "last" n take up airtime...but most of the guys in there are trying to take each other's head off!!! that's the reason its so popular now-folks can see these guys r for real, that's why the sport is taking off n getting so much more coverage.

if you wanted 'scripted' fights, turn on Smackdown or RAW
all_coholic.gif

Back