UFC 92-best of the YEAR!

BigDiesel

Registered
MMA fans got their moneys' worth saturday night- Evans beat Griffin to the mat for a ref stoppage in the 2nd to win the Lt. Hvywt belt, Mir TKO'd Noguiera in the 2nd to win the Interim Hvwywt Title AND setup the most-awesomest Rematch-of-the-year-for 2009 Mir vs. Lesnar for the undisputed Hvywt belt!!! guna be sweet fight for sure!
Rampage put another notch in his belt and cleared up his last (i think) old grudge-fight w/former Pride nemesis Wanderlei Silva-KO'd Silva BAD in the first :boxing:

a friend of mine helped train new UFC fighter Pat Barry, who absolutely EMBARASSED Dan Eversen with some NASTY leg kicks- YO PAT, KEEP CHOPPIN'EM DOWN BOYEE!!! Duke Rufus' Gym is NO JOKE:bowdown:

Chiek Congo did some dirty-kick boxing with another rookie to the UFC who obviously dint do as well as Pat poor fool kneed Congo in the family jewels-as soon as Congo got his wind back, he clinched dude up and returned the favor...only he made SURE he was on target:whistle:
then Congo beat dude into the mat to finish him in the first.

man...FOUR fights finished inside the first round-the two TITLE fights end in TKOs in the 2nd and 3rd... SEVEN tkos for the night, only two fights went to decision.

BEST fights I've seen all year:thumbsup:
and thats not just cuz I feel all special cuz I know one of the fighters...

its cuz I know one'a the fighters who WON! :lol:

happy new years peeps!

I can't BELIEVE I missed this card. I was at my grandparents with family and couldn't exactly order a fight for all the grand kids to watch. Sounds like the Rampage KO of Silva rivals the hit Evans landed on Liddell.

Can I find the fights somewhere to watch when I get home?

I can't BELIEVE I missed this card. I was at my grandparents with family and couldn't exactly order a fight for all the grand kids to watch. Sounds like the Rampage KO of Silva rivals the hit Evans landed on Liddell.

Can I find the fights somewhere to watch when I get home?

He caught Silva right on the button. You have to keep your hands UP! Liddell just hung his head. Rampage got his revenge!

agree - a great card. you do not often see leg kicks to the legs actually take guys out. your friend looked tough. if muir can train really hard and get in even better shape the lesnar rematch could be a good fight as well.

wow....no replys???

guess everyone is switchin to Peace Love n post-hoin in other peeps' threads now...:moon:

the only fight I didn't like was evans beating griffin but i will get over it........rampage got a new boxing coach and really paid off his blocking and hand work were nothing short of amazing can't wait for him to beat the hell out of evans

GSP vs Penn is going to be an 'awesome' fight-but the Lesnar/Mir rematch is going to be LEGENDARY!

everyone thought I was an idiot when i sed Lesnar was guna beat the **** outta Couture-mark my words now guys: Mir has ZERO chance at winning a standup fight with Lesnar...which is why he will more than likely let Lesnar take him down in his guard-and then submit him with IMO what may be a nastier break than the armbar @the UFC Fight For The Troops last mo.:whistle:

Mir aint stupid n he knows Lesnar aint guna bounce around n circle like Noguiera did-he's coming straight @ Frank and Im sorry-but Brock dont know *** about submissions yet, or how to defend properly against them (as evidenced in his 1st fight w/Mir).

Brock's whole MO is smash-n-hold-u-down....that will NOT work against a master of juijitsu who is MORE than capable of ripping men's limbs off (even BIG ones *cough* Tim Silvia *cough*) from anywhere in the cage-clinched up, on his back, on top/side/back of Lesnar....the real deal-breaker in the fight will be the fighter who blows his wad too early IMO; if Brock doesnt get too excited I believe he has the power to beat out a dec. over Mir, mebbe KO him-but IF Mir can wear him down a bit and grab...anything?:whistle:

fights over....and I wont care WHO wins-I'm just amped to have both those guys back on full-time active status fighting in the UFC:thumbsup: entertainment for YEARS to come:cheerleader:

Back