Job interview this morning

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 25 2007,21:01)
(Wag @ Jan. 25 2007,19:58)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 25 2007,20:47)
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
Louis said he would wash my truck and mow the lawn.
I don't think you can afford me.

egitarre77.gif

--Wag--
You wanna bet
wink.gif
Uh, oh. I think I better not try to keep going there!

wink.gif

--Wag--

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

wink.gif

Yo Lou...    Rich has been trying to get me to wash his rig for bout' a month now.....

Geeze,  
crazy.gif

Best of luck on the follow-ups.

If they both give good offers choose what fits your needs...not just the large paycheck.

(BlueHaya @ Jan. 25 2007,21:09) Best of luck on the follow-ups.

If they both give good offers choose what fits your needs...not just the large paycheck.
The nice thing is, the one that's preferrable to me for exactly THAT reason also pays more.

Leaving in 10 minutes!

--Wag--

It went well. Met with the owner and the conversation was very enjoyable. He explained about his company and how it works.

Before I got home, I got a call asking for my references. That's a good sign, I think. The conversation on the phone was a lot more loose with a little bit of line dropping like, "when you come to work for us," and, "if you decide to come work for us," etc. etc.

I get the impression that either I'm the only contender for the position or I'm the top contender. Very cool. Nice to feel like I'm wanted.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Got another call to let me know that she had called two of my references and they were glowing references. I was told flat out that I am their top contender!

super.gif
biggrin.gif

To say I'm jazzed would be a huge understatement!

--Wag--

Update:

Job #2 interviewed me all day today. Five interviews with six different people. LONG day and very stressful. However, it was all positive stress, the type you would have reason to expect in any business situation when a lot is riding on the line.

By the time I got home, I had been contacted by a couple of my references saying that they had already been contacted by this company. As before, it's a very good sign. I have a lot of reason to expect that I'll have an offer from them as early as tomorrow afternoon. Cool beans, eh?!

Company #1 gave me their offer this afternoon after I was done interviewing with Company #2. I told them I am more interested in their company than I am the other company. That is true, however, it's still going to be a tough decision. Both companies are VERY cool companies and I have little doubt I'd be more than pleased with either one.

Cool little side note about Company #1, the lady who managed the interview and application process is a bike rider! Has a Buell of some flavor or another and really wants to learn to ride better and better. 'Twould be nice to go and ride with her and her S.O.

Will give another update when i have the second offer or rejection.

--Wag--

Congrats.. A good situation to be in... I have been anxiosly awaiting this post.....

just make sure u tell them that u need time off in april for the vegas ride,if he says "NO" then dont take the job.lol no seriously good luck lou

Final update.

Company #2 beat the offer of company #1 by A LONG LONG WAY!

I accepted their offer yesterday and I start Monday.

Interesting note about this is that they surprised me by how hyper aggressive they were about recruiting me. I was literally rocked back on my heels over it. Most of the time, when I've looked for work in the past, I'm usually the one who is aggressively pursuing a job.

Honestly, I have no idea what it was which attracted them to me. My resume and skills are diverse and I've done some good things in my past but holy smokes. Well, I have little doubt that I'll be happy there and I'm confident that they made the right decision to pursue me so aggressively. I also think I made the right decision to take this position.

Thanks to everyone here for your well wishes, your prayers and positive thoughts on my behalf. I really DO think it matters.

beerchug.gif
super.gif

--Wag--

Back