Jennings GP ride report w/video

vman1300

Never Forgotten
As most of you all know, I am a track addict! There is no know cure for this addiction. It can only be contained by many visits to tracks all over the East Coast.

This past weekend, I ventured to Jennings, Fl to the R1-Forum beginning of the season trackday.

Most of us Hooligans get together several times a year for a little tire shredding madness.

I have made many changes to the Busa since VIR last year:

add hp/tq
Marchesini wheels
Galfer Wave rotors
Light weight stock rear rotor
BPD shifter

Plus I switched to another tire.

I have been using the Michelin S2/M2 series for several years and like all good things, it had to end....Michelin no longer makes that tire.

I made the change to the new Michelin Power Race. I was using a triangle shaped front in soft and a 190/55 rear in medium/soft.

The morning started with a orientation session to the track layout, available to all novice riders and any 1st timer.

1st impression, Jennings provides a great mix of high speed with a back section that is very techinal. A great workout on any bike.

After the 1st session, we were turned loose so to speak.

One of my friends actually works at the track and started timing my laps for me(I really need a lap timer...honey did you read that?)

In the morning, I was running 1:48's by Anthony's timer.

Keep in mind the Experts turn in 1:20's, lol.....

In the afternoon, I was able to click of times in the 1:40 range for a few laps. To me I was stoked at a 8 sec improvement.

All and all, Jennings is a great track and any track is great in January!

Anyhoo....here is a little on board footage.

I should have a little more loaded up soon.

And a bunch of thanks for the people that rode just to say hi, that really means alot!

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums....gs1.flv

nice job Kev
bowdown.gif

Glad we could come out and see you run. I'm getting the bug now after seeing someone that is normal sized
wink.gif
run the way you did. You were an encouragement to me. Can't wait until we can ride together.
I talked to Glenn yesterday and he was real sore after saturday.
I only got a couple of pics of you. Here is one from the 3rd session.

CIMG3375.JPG

Very nice... I can't wait to take mine to the track, looking at Arroyo Secca in Deming, NM. If that fails, Firebird Raceway in Phoenix. Keep encouraging us and show the way.

Great video! I am getting pretty excited cause i'll be going to Jennings March 10,11,and 12 for a few trackdays. I still have to paint the trackbike and mount up the new PP 2ct's. I was never a Michelin fan, but I decided to give them a shot.

(black954 @ Jan. 22 2007,16:02) Great video! I am getting pretty excited cause i'll be going to Jennings March 10,11,and 12 for a few trackdays. I still have to paint the trackbike and mount up the new PP 2ct's. I was never a Michelin fan, but I decided to give them a shot.
I am looking for a trackday to do in March.

But man, Jennings is a HIKE!

(vman1300 @ Jan. 22 2007,13:58)
(black954 @ Jan. 22 2007,16:02) Great video! I am getting pretty excited cause i'll be going to Jennings March 10,11,and 12 for a few trackdays. I still have to paint the trackbike and mount up the new PP 2ct's. I was never a Michelin fan, but I decided to give them a shot.
I am looking for a trackday to do in March.

But man, Jennings is a HIKE!
Yeah, but what's a 13 hour drive if you get to do a trackday when you get there?
race.gif

(black954 @ Jan. 22 2007,17:03) Yeah, but what's a 13 hour drive if you get to do a trackday when you get there?  
race.gif
Well ya got a point there!

I am just way too spoiled.

2.5 hrs from Road Atlanta

3 hrs from VIR

1:40's!!!  
wow.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

nice!! Not too bad for a busa (actually Very GOOD for a Busa). You make us proud!!

(vman1300 @ Jan. 23 2007,06:28)
(black954 @ Jan. 22 2007,17:03) Yeah, but what's a 13 hour drive if you get to do a trackday when you get there?  
race.gif
3 hrs from VIR
Now that's the track I wanna visit next. Well, that'll be my 2008 ambition. Miller Motorsports Park will be the highlight of the year for me.

Looks like you schooled everyone there.
wink.gif

Doesn't look like there were a lot of elevation changes. I like the backdrop too. Seems like they had to chop down a forest just to lay down the track.

I also noticed a couple of R1 riders looking over there shoulders as you were going in for the pass. Big no no.

(gtrpimp76 @ Jan. 22 2007,17:flamethrowing:) 1:40's!!!  
wow.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

nice!! Not too bad for a busa (actually Very GOOD for a Busa). You make us proud!!
Thanks bro!

I know it is just a number, but I see people I ride with all the time on the street rip off some low 1:30's and I so wanna be there......lol.....

Next time I am back at Jennings, I hope to get in the 1:37 range.........

Schooled everyone? By no means no.... keep in mind this was the novice class.

I actually GOT schooled later in the session I posted the clip from, by a GSXR....

Ridden by a woman!

She was flying and for the corners I could keep her in site, help my lines big time.

Back