Jeep Wrangler

You have to lift for tire/body clearance or the tires will self adjust the body for you. The tires are what give you the ground clearance. The key is keeping the lift to a minimum to keep a low center of gravity

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 19 2007,19:35) May I ask you guys. why lift it? with solid axles you don`t get more clearance? Is there a purpose for it or just pure bad azz looks?
because sometimes you need 12 inches of suspension travel.
biggrin.gif

Besides, 1 tons and 44's just looks nasty.

DSC04856.jpg

(phatj33pyj @ Sep. 19 2007,19:05)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 19 2007,19:35) May I ask you guys. why lift it? with solid axles you don`t get more clearance? Is there a purpose for it or just pure bad azz looks?
because sometimes you need 12 inches of suspension travel.  
biggrin.gif

Besides, 1 tons and 44's just looks nasty.
The lift does give you ground clearance by way of the bigger tires you can run. Also gives you more supension travel.

I really love jeeps But as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. And a jeep will never ride like a caddy. That's why I got rid of my jeep and got a Hummer anything worth doing is worth doing to a ridiculous level!!!!!!!!!

1 Hummer H-2 50K
1 Custom 12inch lift and all workings for it 25K
1 set of 42inch boggers $1,900
Being able to dwarf most any other 4x4's priceless

Bout 10 MPG the worst gas bill I've ever had!

SD530821.JPG

I don't belive bump steer is possible with a solid axle. (I used to work for jeep/dodge btw)

Thrill2much, nice suburban you got there.  
laugh.gif
I want an H1.  
biggrin.gif
But yea, they ride rough. I couldn't drive one, would kill my back.

(Tchill2much @ Sep. 19 2007,21:09) I really love jeeps But as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. And a jeep will never ride like a caddy. That's why I got rid of my jeep and got a Hummer anything worth doing is worth doing to a ridiculous level!!!!!!!!!

1 Hummer H-2 50K
1 Custom 12inch lift and all workings for it 25K
1 set of 42inch boggers $1,900
Being able to dwarf most any other 4x4's priceless

Bout 10 MPG the worst gas bill I've ever had!
lol that's great, too bad i don't have 75k to drop on a toy....

(JuiceSC @ Sep. 20 2007,07:22) I don't belive bump steer is possible with a solid axle. (I used to work for jeep/dodge btw)
Acutally, Bump steer is possible with a solid axle, and is pretty common with any lifted YJ (87-95 Jeep for the non jeep guys). The more you lift the vehicle, you increase the angle of the drag link to the tie rod. Drop pittman arms can help, but not once you go too high.

(phatj33pyj @ Sep. 20 2007,06:49)
(JuiceSC @ Sep. 20 2007,07:22) I don't belive bump steer is possible with a solid axle. (I used to work for jeep/dodge btw)
Acutally, Bump steer is possible with a solid axle, and is pretty common with any lifted YJ (87-95 Jeep for the non jeep guys). The more you lift the vehicle, you increase the angle of the drag link to the tie rod. Drop pittman arms can help, but not once you go too high.
True. I just never heard it called bump steer. Now on a lowered mustang, thats another story. (And the bump steer kits availble to fix it)

Back