Japan ups nuke crisis severity to match Chernobyl

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
Japanese Government up crisis level from 5 to 7 , the highest level on an international scale of nuclear accidents overseen by the International Atomic Energy Agency with fears it could exceed Chernobyl .

My Way News - Japan ups nuke crisis severity to match Chernobyl

Since Japan is not a large land mass, i tried to find the final result of the radius affected after the Chernobyl disaster with mixed results but did find some alarming numbers on Wikipedia Chernobyl, to include the number of other countries affected by Chernobyl . I simply did not know the magnitude of what happened in 1986 until now.

Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At this point i pray for the survival of the Japanese people as a whole. Their fishing industry seems as moot a point as their manufacturing capacity - unless i am reading more into this disaster than is there.

Not good news, I hope they can get this problem under control soon before too much more damage is done to their way of life.

I've been saying from get go that they were lying their asses off.
The main diff between the two though is Chernobyl directly and instantly affected the health of tens of thousands with many birth defects resulting. The Japan crisis still has not affected the health of people yet, their lives/homes yes.

Scary thing is that Chernobyl ended a scale 7 but this thing in Japan is a 7 and still cooking !

Seems alot of silence in terms of real reports in the last 16 days

Dated March 27th, in the meantime the nuclear fuel rods have been exposed since then.

Radiation Spikes in Sea Near Japan Plant - WSJ.com

The results released Saturday were from samples collected Friday morning in seawater about 330 meters south of the plant. In addition to heightened levels of iodine-131, the seawater contained 117 times Japan's legal limit of cesium-134 and 80 times the threshold for cesium-137, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

The iodine-131 reading compared with an earlier report that showed the radioactive isotope at 126 times the legal limit. A person drinking half a liter of water with the latest level of contamination would be consuming 1 millisievert, the equivalent of a full year's acceptable consumption.

Now, China detects radiation in their in northeastern Heilongjiang province.

Bans some food imports China Bans Some Food Imports From Japan - WSJ.com

Hmmm - imagine a hungry China in a few years .

This is not looking good at all. We could see severe problems with food and other issues yet to come. I believe the half life of radiation is somewhere around a 1000 years. Not good.

i called this from the beginning if i remember correctly, i work in powerhouses everyday, and seen the severity of the situation before the news realeased it to the public

This is not looking good at all. We could see severe problems with food and other issues yet to come. I believe the half life of radiation is somewhere around a 1000 years. Not good.

Different materials decay at different rates. According to the articles above, Cesium-137, which seems to be a common byproduct from reactors, has a half-life of about 30 years.

Different materials decay at different rates. According to the articles above, Cesium-137, which seems to be a common byproduct from reactors, has a half-life of about 30 years.

cesium has a low activity level though, the plutonium is what i would be worried about.

America gave Japan a severe beating in the Second World War.
They stood up from this disaster and built up Japan to a great industrial nation with good norms.

Now this???

This nuclear disaster is far from over.
I feel sorry for the Japanese they did not deserve this.

Regards

Back