It's too Hot to wear gear! (Oh Really)

Definately good to see those pics once in a while.........so many people on bikes with no gear/helmets...........pics like these keep me from following in their footsteps.....:blush:

Boy...that should get you to wear your damn gear. I wear a pair of ankle high riding boots myself...my just look into some good full lengthers now.
blush.gif

just had one of those yesterday. Rolled up on it just after it happened. Squid with shorts and a tshirt and sneakers. Harley Road King with 6 miles on the odo....yes 6. Went hot into a corner on the way home from the dealership and went wide into the ditch...bike is shot..no insurance "yet." Asked him what model bike it was and he said "it's a harley" to which I asked "fatboy, lowrider...what?" His response...."I don't know."

Fuggin loooooser. Retards with money...and now a lot of roadrash.

Great thread! In my introduction I said I also have a 2005 Victory Hammer, and belong to a few other forums. Anyhow on one of the Victory forums, I had commented on the rash of recent motorcycle deaths here in MN. I believe all the bikers died at low speed and not wearing helmets. I posted why do these people not wear proper gear and I got flamed! Comments like it's my choice, dont legislate me, Im old if it happens it happens, motorcycles are meant to have the wind in your hair, etc... Well Ive ridden with several of these guys a few times, and quite honestly I thought why is it cruiser people who have bikes costing 2 to 5 times as much as my Busa cant seem to figgure out you dont have to be doing 200 mph to crack your mellon. I mean typicaly you have more education, when you make more money, thus allowing a person to purchase these high dollar cruisers/choppers - however I must be wrong, cause money does not equate to brains.

Ive just recently got back into sport bikes with my Busa, and find most everyone on the road riding these bikes are geared-up, and friendly. Unlike the cruiser section of the population, heck Ive seen Harley guys...anyhow different topic.

Some great photos of evidence that the road is not anyone's friend (or enemy). Nature just doesn't care for the "unevolved."

Wow. I have been very fortunate in my three big accidents. Being in the military, I have to wear my gear, but having experieinced the road and seen some pretty heinous accidents, I won't ride without gear. If it's too hot for gear, it's too hot to ride!

Ouch, to gear or not to gear. That is the question. That's why when it's 95 degrees Big Dawg still has some form of protection.

On the other side of the coin, if you want to see how important good gear is?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??? Go to this site and you can see some great photos of my son crashing in May. He was doing about 100mph when he hit the deck. He got up, walked away un injured. Just imaging a crash like that in jeans?

Go to: www.studio819.smugmug.com
Click on: WMRRA
Click on: 5-8-05
Scroll down the left side to number: 826

A typical low side. Will give you non crash guys an inside view of what happens when you push the front.

rock.gif

Man those pictures made my body hurt. I cannot express enough to ride with gear no matter how short the ride.

I always wear gear... even my Knox back protector. But since summer is here, this raises a question about MESH gear. I'll post this in a topic by itself as to not to digress from the topic here.

hold on just threw up.....

Now the chick with her hand ripped off did she have on gloves or did they come off or what...i have some low cut ICON gloves i wear
rock.gif
The term "de-gloving" is used to describe when the skin is pulled away from hand like a glove.  I'm not in the medical field, so someone else may be able to clarify it better.
That is correct! eewwwww!!

I see pics like that and I fear even more for my husband, Dad...all of my Harley friends that wear the skid lids...
sad.gif

Always good to see something to give you a reality check...

Back