It's too Hot to wear gear! (Oh Really)

Good post.
cool.gif

I see people everyday while I'm riding that NEED to see that post.

When I was 18 I got hit by a "left-turner" and went airborne. Broke my right elbow, road rash on left shoulder and chest (tank top), but the main point of impact was the left side of my head and shoulder. If it weren't for the FULL FACE helmet, then I wouldn't be here.

It's your choice of what to wear people....I just hope it's the right one when that time comes.

<span style='color:red'>BTW: Heed the warning of diturbing pics</span> , but look at them anyway.

On Wednesday evening I was driving the cage through rush-hour traffic and I caught sight of a guy on his Harley. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, sneakers, no helmet, no gloves. Typical squid in other words.

It's bad enough that he didn't care about his own protection, but what made my blood run cold was that, riding on the back of the bike was a kid, probably 8 years old, shorts and a t-shirt, sneakers, no helmet, no gloves, holding on with one hand and talking on a cell phone with the other....

What the hell is wrong with these people!!!
rock.gif
?

On Wednesday evening I was driving the cage through rush-hour traffic and I caught sight of a guy on his Harley. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, sneakers, no helmet, no gloves. Typical squid in other words.

It's bad enough that he didn't care about his own protection, but what made my blood run cold was that, riding on the back of the bike was a kid, probably 8 years old, shorts and a t-shirt, sneakers, no helmet, no gloves, holding on with one hand and talking on a cell phone with the other....

What the hell is wrong with these people!!!
rock.gif
?
You should have called the cops on this idiot. Endangering his own a** is his right but he does not have the right to endanger a child.....Not even his own.

I actually am guilty of this ...

My dad told me I don't care if your just going to the neighbors house (about a minute away on the bike) but I threw on the helmet and took off in jeans, tennis shoes, muscle shirt and helmet (I own a the whole textile icon outfit with all the titanium so I have gear). Looking at these pics was a reality check. I had chemical burns before, that wasn't fun, I definitely don't want to experience road rash especially those in the picture.

Thanks for the post. With the warm weather I've been tempted on several occasions to sacrifice some comfort for less protection. Not anymore!

hold on just threw up.....

Now the chick with her hand ripped off did she have on gloves or did they come off or what...i have some low cut ICON gloves i wear
rock.gif

ouch. gear is good. I was quilty of not wearing gear other then a helmel. The day I wreck back in Dec. I had on my leather jacket and gloves. I am very glad it was a colder day when I headed out to work. Otherwise I would have left the gear at home. My knee paid a small price for not having something more then just work pants but the rest of me faired well. The jacket, gloves and helmet did their job very well. Road Rash Hurts and mine was only the size of a half dollar.
wow.gif

hold on just threw up.....

Now the chick with her hand ripped off did she have on gloves or did they come off or what...i have some low cut ICON gloves i wear
rock.gif
The term "de-gloving" is used to describe when the skin is pulled away from hand like a glove. I'm not in the medical field, so someone else may be able to clarify it better.

Keep in mind on the hand injury that she had just left home 5 minutes earlier. She got to the first corner and lost it. I don't think I'll ever ride without gear again. Can you say MESH GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!-If it's too hot to wear gear, including mesh, I won't ride. It's not worth it!!

<!--EDIT|BigK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120359912 -->

Back