Its setting in deep already

:poke: come to indiana...everyone is unemplyed and has all the time in the world to socialize...ill introduce you to 30+ ladies...but only 29 of them will be good lookin..:laugh:

Assuming you're not doing it already, Start planning something, something different, say ice fishing for yellow perch out on the lake. Ice racing scooters in Canada, reloading ammo.... er something you are interested in, I like having something to look foreword to all the time. Hunting season... :laugh:

I've known people who've had success with some new lamp technology (not specifically a sun"tanning"). Click here for the results to a Yahoo search on the subject. Do whatever it takes to get on top of this so it doesn't escalate. Take care.

Friend fell asleep under his own ultraviolet lamp, did he ever get messed up

I've known people who've had success with some new lamp technology (not specifically a sun"tanning"). Click here for the results to a Yahoo search on the subject. Do whatever it takes to get on top of this so it doesn't escalate. Take care.
Full Spectrum Lighting and Light Therapy

I actually use their lighting in my garage where I work on the bike and I used it on one of my coral tanks.. They have therapy units as well... UV is not what you want FWIW.. (well unless you want to tan :) )

The full spectrum lighting is perfectly safe The garage has a single 6 bulb unit that puts out the same as a 400w HID

Last edited:
Full time depression guy here. Managed by meds and
aerobic exercise. I bicycled 4000 miles this year that
includes some time on the trainer indoors last winter.
Want an indoor activity...ask me about Ham Radio.

Full time depression guy here. Managed by meds and
aerobic exercise. I bicycled 4000 miles this year that
includes some time on the trainer indoors last winter.
Want an indoor activity...ask me about Ham Radio.

Nothing like bicycling, been doing it for 69 years. Saved my azz.
developed insane vascularity. when I do bloodwork they say I've
the largest veins ever. I'll post pics when I get my camera back
from my wino home decorator.

or you could do like me and move to florida. i'll be moving in march and can't wait to leave winter behind for good. eventhough the winters here in ky aren't bad its the whole principle of the thing.

When you say "no joy in life," maybe think of what might bring you some joy. And not something temporal, but something that will last. Think big and small.

Like, when I have a big project to get done at work that will require weeks of non-stop, late-night work, each day I look forward to getting home at, say, 10 pm and relaxing and watching tv for an hour or two. Sounds pathetic, but it gets me through what, at the time, seems to be an impossible task.

I'm still working on the bigger stuff.

Hope it helps you a bit.

Last edited:
Just think thoughts like: Those ruby red moist lips, that heaving chest, the quivering
breasts, the long curving thighs, the pink darting tounge etc etc

Jason
Its OK! just pack up all you $hit and move to California! Its going to be 80 in Fresno this week! I am off Wednesday and we can go for a ride to the coast!
No Problemo
:beerchug:

Gave chrisJP a short synopsis of it yesterday but the winter depression is setting in already. Began a long time ago because I just have no joy in life......I'm glad to be alive & thank god for it every day but I just feel like something massive is missing. I know exactly what it is but theres not a whole lot I can do about it. Tried for 3yrs to find that missing piece but oh well. Anyone else goin through this S.A.D. yet? Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder? lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear ya mate! your not alone!:banghead:

lol Slatroni, sorry but i'll never live in Cali again. ESPECIALLY since i'm such a gun nut now lol. I really appreciate everyone's thoughts & concerns.
If ya wanna break things down.....it comes to a couple things at the core. A) I am unhappy with my physical appearance, have always had horrible self image
B) I am at my wit's end about being single. Its been 3yrs
since I became such and its very much not "ME." I'm
just a person who is truly more myself when I have a
companion.

Some may say these are trivial problems and I shouldn't worry bout them. But they're problems none the less for me. Thank you all again for "listening."
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably not because Sunlight is what activates the vitamin D int he body.
I used the Tanning bed trick last year and it did help plus you feel better about yourself because you look healthy and not that pasty winter time look.

Here's the mental picture. A bald head sticking out one end and knees bent with the calfs hanging off the other end, feet touching the floor :whistle:

man i feel for ya... didnt think we were that far north for the lighting issues...lol as for everything else...as ive told ya im sure... work on makeing yourself happy..do the things you love to do...spend some on yourself for something that entertains you ... then..when you are not expecting it...and you are truely being yourself and secure in yourself...the "one" finds you...oh...and you are always welcome to come act stupid with me..i know we kinda simple here..but mabey i can make ya laugh lol

Last edited:
lol Slatroni, sorry but i'll never live in Cali again. ESPECIALLY since i'm such a gun nut now lol. I really appreciate everyone's thoughts & concerns.
If ya wanna break things down.....it comes to a couple things at the core. A) I am unhappy with my physical appearance, have always had horrible self image
B) I am at my wit's end about being single. Its been 3yrs
since I became such and its very much not "ME." I'm
just a person who is truly more myself when I have a
companion.

Some may say these are trivial problems and I shouldn't worry bout them. But they're problems none the less for me. Thank you all again for "listening."
Posted via Mobile Device

Well those are very real problems and both of those affect me and I'm pretty sure many other people also. Fortunately you can fix both of those problems with some hard work and lots of time.

At the beginning of the year I weighed the most I ever have. I was 288 at one point. I was always self conscious of how I looked and being even a little over weight really took all the joy out of my life. I felt like I couldn't leave the house.

So I started counting calories which to me is the easiest way for me to loose weight. I dropped down to 250 in about 4 months. Which gave me some confidence and hope back. I then was able to start working out again after a long time off due to injuries.

You don't need to be a gym rat either if that's not your thing. There are plenty of good at home programs or even just starting your day off with a jog or bicycle ride will do miracles for you. I'm currently sitting about 240 which is about 15 pounds heavier than I was when I was working out twice a day 3 years ago.

The confidence and pride that I gain allows me to keep my head up while I'm out in public and I even occasionally will go to a local bar now without the words "I'm fat, I should be at home" constantly repeating in my head.

This new found confidence will show when you talk to women too.

There's plenty of free workout programs online like crossfit. You can google them and sign up for their email. Everyday they will post a new workout that will kick your, and most everyone's, butt. The workouts usually don't require much equipment and can easily be pulled off in your living room or garage.

There are also plenty of pick up advice online and books that will get you on the right track. I highly recommend "The Game" as a starter. It's a well written book and is more of a biography of a guys experience with the dating scene than an instruction manual.

Sorry about all the babbling just to say that your problems are big ones, I know, but they are fixable if you want to fix them. Feel free to PM me and I can give you more information on what worked for me so far.

I wish I had someone around here to workout with. A fellow "fatty" I guess ya could say. I was doin good before joggin & it had me PUMPED at my progress. Started week1 not even able to jog 1/4 mile. And by week 3 I was up to a mile. Stopped shortly after that cuz my left knee started to hurt......this was due to me usin OLD runnin shoes. I haven't jogged since cuz I just haven't gotten around to buyin new shoes. I've made myself a promise to get some this weekend tho.

I'm an emotional eater tho so the problem kind of compounds itself when it gets worse
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Kat, hows the fish tank, havent heard about it in a while.

PS, you wanna come down and help me plant a tree this weekend IF it isnt raining! :beerchug:

Being big is no fun. I'm bigger now than I was before joining the military...and because everything is about appearance, I hear "fat" comments on a daily basis.

Your knees hurting from running may have to do with your shoes, but also with weight. I know I enjoy running, but once I packed on pounds I started getting shin splints. If you have access to it, try ellipticals and stair climbers (the bain of my existance haha) as they are "low impact" exercises.

As for snacking, try finding something you like to eat that isn't horrible. Obviously anything eaten in bulk isn't good, but it'd be better to chomp some carrots than slurp 5 milkshakes :p

Can't help you out with the ladies, as I have less game than a blind person playing pictionary :whistle:

I've only put about 1400 miles on my Busa in the last year, and that includes the miles to get it to Corbin. My FJR has a whopping 1730 on the ODO since it was new in March, and I didn't put all of those miles on it either.

I have turned to drugs to get me through it. :whistle:

Back