Its setting in deep already

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Gave chrisJP a short synopsis of it yesterday but the winter depression is setting in already. Began a long time ago because I just have no joy in life......I'm glad to be alive & thank god for it every day but I just feel like something massive is missing. I know exactly what it is but theres not a whole lot I can do about it. Tried for 3yrs to find that missing piece but oh well. Anyone else goin through this S.A.D. yet? Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder? lol
Posted via Mobile Device

naw. it is just sitting around too much... go cut a couple cords of firewood, rake leaves, do something productive instead of mopping around

who says i'm sittin around too much? You don't know me, you don't know what I do. I never once gave any notion that I just sit around. I don't appreciate that much
Posted via Mobile Device

Come join us in the any subject thread :laugh:

Good luck with it brother, maybe you'll get a surprise this winter :thumbsup:

I do; but mine starts around June when temps are almost always above a 100 and it's to hot to ride. This time of year is great for me because I can ride pretty much non stop and if I get sick of riding I can go take a two hour drive and snow ski!

I do know what you mean though and wish you a short winter. :beerchug:

Winter always calms the mood down a bit...Summer has so many activities, plus it's not dark when you get off~!~

I suffer from Winter Depression. Days getting shorter and colder. I wish I could just hibernate from Nov - March. The year I spent winter in India was the only year it didn't effect me.

15-20 minutes in a tanning booth every week will fix you right up.. Believe it.
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a result of reduced sunlight, thus less sun exposure causing reduced Vitamin D synthesis in your skin.
Seriously, don't knock it till you try it.

It was like that for me this summer. It was the longest hottest summer I can remember. I may even have dane brammage from it. But this last month has been sweet. Clear skys and mid 70's for the rest of the week . Rideing weather is just getting started in South Texas come on down and enjoy.

yeah, I am a bit touchy cuz ~mm obviously in a bad mood. I was advised by someone, who shall remain nameless, that I should edit my last post. Well I don't think I should have to do that. If someone deems my post improper then so be it, let the thread be deleted. I just won't post anymore if people on here can't save their derogatory comments for an argumentative thread. When someone's down, ya don't kick em......have some damn compassion
Posted via Mobile Device

Depression can happen to anybody, can be a serious condition, not a matter of moping
around. To me, winter depression is like a Dr Pepper to an alcoholic. Y'all wouldn't believe
me so I ain't gonn tell. haha, I feel better already. And I haven't taken my Cyanide pill
yet.

Zoloft or a Baaaaaaahhhhhh! (female) . Works for me :thumbsup: Unless your mood is direct result of no money...then your pretty much scewed on both my recommendations :laugh:

Hope things get on the up & up for ya.

Last edited:
15-20 minutes in a tanning booth every week will fix you right up.. Believe it.
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a result of reduced sunlight, thus less sun exposure causing reduced Vitamin D synthesis in your skin.
Seriously, don't knock it till you try it.

Do you think Vitamin D supplements would also work?

Do you think Vitamin D supplements would also work?
Probably not because Sunlight is what activates the vitamin D int he body.
I used the Tanning bed trick last year and it did help plus you feel better about yourself because you look healthy and not that pasty winter time look.

+1000 on the tanning bed thing, it does work...
Redkat i think Bogus was trying to help ya out and not kick ya in the junk bro...

Depression can happen to anybody, can be a serious condition, not a matter of moping
around. To me, winter depression is like a Dr Pepper to an alcoholic. Y'all wouldn't believe
me so I ain't gonn tell. haha, I feel better already. And I haven't taken my Cyanide pill
yet.
Believe it RedKat - you won't even know you're suffering from it a lot of the time, just seems you're in a bad funk. Horomones can wreak havoc on your brain. My wife suffered from it for a long time before we did anything....life was miserable for her and me!

Not saying you are, but don't leave it out as a possible cause for your mood and feelings.

You know maybe we should have a mid winter meet and greet big dinner type thing. We cant ride but we could get together and talk about riding maybe that would help get us though winter.

I've known people who've had success with some new lamp technology (not specifically a sun"tanning"). Click here for the results to a Yahoo search on the subject. Do whatever it takes to get on top of this so it doesn't escalate. Take care.

Back