It's official!

vwbusa

Registered
I am officially a Hayabusa owner! I picked up my bike 2 days ago after calling close to to 11 different dealerships in 5 different states. I went for the white pearl.

This bike is unbelievable. So much more room than the CBR1k (I'm 6'2"). I actually feel like a grown up riding this bike, almost like when you are a kid and you finally get to sit at the adult table... It seems my biggest problem is what to do first. There are so many after market parts/ideas... Any and all advice is much appreciated.

All I have is cell phone pics and they do not do it justice. I will have a legitimate camera in a couple of days, I promise to post then.

"I actually feel like a grown up riding this bike, almost like when you are a kid and you finally get to sit at the adult table..." :laugh: That's exactly how I felt when first rode off on mine!! My last bike was a GSXR 750 and I thought "Whoa, this is going to be fun!" :welcome: and you will find plenty of mod ideas to play around with here.

:welcome: to the .org... QWKENAF is exactly right plenty of knowleadge here and ALOT of years XP here as well.:laugh:

Search function will be your best friend.. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

To help you get started... This is just one of very many options... but definitely a good one....

Set the suspension's sag for your weight, the bike will ride and handle much better.
EBC HH Extreme Pro pads for a big improvement in stopping power.
SS brake lines for improved brake feel.
Aftermarket levers and rearsets(rider pegs) for comfort.
Seats are 100% a personal preference, you really need to sit on one before you know if it's for you.
Most seats take time to break in and become more comfortable too, some more than others.
Heli-bars and .75" risers combined are a nice improvement in comfort for some, but again a personal preference.

Make it stop better and make comfort improvements where you feel they're needed, then spend money on exhaust or turbo.:beerchug:

Last edited:
welcome and congrats on your new busa purchase. I went form a 08 cbr 600 to a 08 busa and felt the same way you did. At first I was a lil intimidated but once I got on and got her rolling I had the biggest smile on my face. I was instantly in love with the busa. :thumbsup:

Congrats and welcome. Take your time end enjoy/acquaint yourself with the bike FIRST. Then you can proceed with mods AFTER you've decided what direction you want to go.

Below are my suggestions for STARTERS:
1. pipes (full or slip-ons) depending on your budget/preference. Airfilter + PC/ECU to complement this would be nice
2. suspension set-up for your weight/riding style
3. frame sliders

If you feel you need to, then these can come later:
4. brake upgrades (lines, pad, rotors)
5. comfort/ergo upgrades (seat, screen, levers, pegs)

P.S. Your avatar indicates you're a FF so safe to say you will be good to go with PPE.

Welcome to the Madness!! Good group here ALLOT of crazy people (In a good way) use the search function and ask questions!!!!

If I am a 240lb rider do I need to change out suspension? On the cbr I had to. Also, does anyone have a recommendation for someone who is good that can custom paint a helmet?

You wont need to change the springs unless you stretch it. You should, however, have it set to your weight. It will fell sooooo much better. I too am 6'-2'' and 240 lbs....it makes a huge difference.

You wont need to change the springs unless you stretch it. You should, however, have it set to your weight. It will fell sooooo much better. I too am 6'-2'' and 240 lbs....it makes a huge difference.

Totally agree. I feel that the bike fits my 6' 3" 260lbs body. I find the bike very comfortable stock. Its gets better with the mods and tweaks.
Congrats on the purchase and :welcome:
Need some pics of the new bike.. :-)

Back