It's not Hurricane Sandy, but...

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
The Cities, Counties and NOAA have declared an emergency around here before the storm has even arrived! The wind is already sustained 30, gusting to fifty and is expected to increase to 80-100 mph after lunch today. Rainfall is anticipated to be so intense that the Truckee River will swell to +19' above normal (part of the problem is that snow level is really high, 8000 ft so plenty of Sierras runoff in rivers and streams.

This morning I got fuel for the generator and a replacement propane tank, toured the outside and secured everything. The only thing that bums me out is that I never got around to shrinkwrapping the boat so I'm not even going to put the cover on it (it'll probably tear off if I do). Anyways, here we go! Doyle

you be safe out there. don't under estimate. keep in touch when you can and tell all others to do the same from out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Well I'm a union equipment operator and we can be called out anytime for digouts.. Phone on standby... You all from oregon to your region are in our prayers..

be careful out there and make sure the bikes are secure, all of you are in our prayers!

Well so far are storm in no where to be scene?? Winds have been low and it's drizzled a bit....suppose to rain early AM and most of the day tomorrow.

Update, rain did not start as predicted at midnight, started at 4am, usually wind dies when precip starts....not this time, wind still roaring with rainfall. Local news says Truckee river will crest at about 10 am. BTW, when you live on the West Coast, you automatically HATE THE WEATHER CHANNEL! Their programming pretends the USA only goes as far west as the Mississippi. They'll talk about how there's not much happening on the East Coast for 4 minutes then give 15 seconds to three storms that are slamming into the Pacific from Canada to Mexico! I hate em! Doyle

Stay safe! Hopefully it's just some wind and rain with no damage. I use wunderground.com for weather. You can get accurate forecasts and access to the next rad satellite all over the country for free :thumbsup:

How is it going Doyle?

Constant heavy rain, we're good here, elevated neighborhood in hills just outside of Reno. I had to lift my 105 pound German Shepherd up and put her outside for a potty call, she wouldn't have it! Wind still kicken butt, all the windows (and we got a lot of em) are wet like they're getting powerwashed constantly....shows how violent the wind is. Thanks for asking Willie, good so far, I think I'm going into the garage in my pajamas and get the front wheel mounted onto those new black forks! I gotta see what it looks like, maybe I'll throw up a couple of pics. Doyle

How are things now Doyle? My parents live in Spanish Springs at Red Hawk. (I was raised on Emerson Way) :thumbsup:

Cool, that's not very far from me! (I live in Hidden Valley). Seems like the badboy intensity has passed, no wind and occasional drizzle now...the big issue is the heavy high altitude rains in the Sierras coming down the Truckee and streams....kind of a 2-3 hour lag time for flooding, very anti-climatic since it's so calm out now but the Police have barricaded all the intersections near the Truckee for stupid peoples safety! ("oh, I can make it across that, I have a monster mudder truck" type folks). Doyle

Back