Its not easy to admit our bikes shortcomings.

Huh?............. Busa is King...... and don't forget......
tounge.gif

i think he's just wanting us all to come out and say..

damnit,, why didn't I buy a liter or something.

or to gently nudge us into realize what a POS the 'busa is..

kinda annoying really... bent comes off a sv650 to a busa... and realizes it weighs more... so he goes back and gets something more like what he was used too.. only more power.

personally.. for an everday bike... i'd take either the busa, or the sv over a liter...  but hey.. i'll admit it.. the 'busa is a steaming pile.

happy now?  can we move on?  or will there be another post basically like this one, or the last one, or the one before that?

wink.gif
Your smart ass is getting old , you did not used to have such a smart mouth on you...about the Busa being a POS, you said it , not I.

The Busa is an awesome bike, so what if I came off an SV650, ive been riding since 1989 and rode my Busa pretty fricking hard for a 11,000 miles. I dont think I deserve your smart ass comments.

Lets stay off of this kind of talk man, I did nothing to you to provoke this ####. Come ride with me if you want to discuss our riding skills.

aren't forums about specific models THE place for like-minded owners to get together and pat each other on the back and enable "Busa is King" style remarks? I've read plenty of 'shortcomings' on this site about the busa... okay well, only one I guess: busa doesn't turn as easily as a smaller bike. that's basic physics I am sure most purchasers considered before putting the money down, and then it's stated more factually than "... which makes it a piece of poo". in all honesty, the busa turns FAR EASIER than I was expecting it too. And personally, I try to not participate in the "Your bike sucks, mine's the best" mantality since I feel all forms of competition lead to bad things no matter how you self justify it. I love your liter bike man! It would be cool to be passed in a corner by you. Everybody is different [except while wearing the Hilfiger swastica] and we are dawn to different things.

I know why I didnt buy a liter: cuz it would be very uncomfortable on LOOOONG trips, cuz it would feel less planted at 188, cuz they are only tops of 1 of MY 7 requirements: twisty race tracks, and even THOSE are fun on a Busa. Otherwise, I got everything I need. CAN I GET AN AMEN!!??!?!?!?!!
biggrin.gif

Bentvalve,

Considering you live in WA and probably 90% of your riding is in the twisties, there is no doubt the liter bike is a better choice for you.  And since you probably do most of that one-up, hey it fits your needs.  However.....

Currently I live in Ohio and 90% of the roads I ride are in a straight line and even when they aren't we are talking 160mph+ sweepers, NOT 40mph hairpins.  Besides the fact that I am 6' 2" and felt like a monkey f@*king a football on my liter bike, the BUSA was the next best thing.
tounge.gif

That isn't even considering the around town feel of the BUSA.  Another great thing about the BUSA is that it has so much more TORQUE than any other sportbike out there.  It just feels more fun to ride around and you don't have to rev the piss out of it to do anything.  I was tired of shifting every 10-seconds riding the liter bikes and current 600's.
mad.gif

But primarily the reason I have a BUSA is that my wife loves riding on the back of it.  She doesn't feel all propped up on the back like she is going to fly off at every bump like the liter bikes.  The BUSA is just that much more comfortable and stable for a daily road bike.

Now if I was doing track days all day and every day, the BUSA would be last on my list.  I would probably have any one of the liter bikes over the BUSA or even the new R6 for that matter.  

It's just a matter of you ride what you ride for your reasons and we ride what we ride for our reason.  Now the guys you are speaking of seem more like the "Buy the biggest and baddest regarless" mentality and will never ride the bike to it's ability anyway.  They buy the BUSA as a status symbol because it will always be the TOPSPEED KING.....PERIOD! That's what people think about when HAYABUSA comes to mind.
wink.gif

People just need to give it a rest and remember... "IT's NOT WHAT YOU RIDE BUT THAT YOU RIDE!"
lmini001.gif

Josh
blues.gif

the other thing I forgot to mention and am too lazy to edit right now, something interesting I've noticed here and at sh.org is how many people post things like "Just got my busa, or just rode a busa.. and I knew it was fast and maneuverable but MAN I had NO IDEA!!! Best bike I've ridden in... oh heck.... EVER!" I probably read 20 of those types of posts a year, yet on OTHER bike forums, I ALMOST NEVER see posts like that about their ride. [I said ALMOST]

i think he's just wanting us all to come out and say..

damnit,, why didn't I buy a liter or something.

or to gently nudge us into realize what a POS the 'busa is..

kinda annoying really... bent comes off a sv650 to a busa... and realizes it weighs more... so he goes back and gets something more like what he was used too.. only more power.

personally.. for an everday bike... i'd take either the busa, or the sv over a liter...  but hey.. i'll admit it.. the 'busa is a steaming pile.

happy now?  can we move on?  or will there be another post basically like this one, or the last one, or the one before that?

wink.gif
Your smart ass is getting old , you did not used to have such a smart mouth on you...about the Busa being a POS, you said it , not I.

The Busa is an awesome bike, so what if I came off an SV650, ive been riding since 1989 and rode my Busa pretty fricking hard for a 11,000 miles.  I dont think I deserve your smart ass comments.

Lets stay off of this kind of talk man, I did nothing to you to provoke this ####.  Come ride with me if you want to discuss our riding skills.
bleh bleh bleh.. freak out much?

as far as riding skills... I didn't say anything about it.. thats your bag. I guess I could load up and travel cross country to line em' up and go at it down mainstreet thru the outskirts of town and back to the soda shack.. first one back wins!....
rock.gif

Your more than welcome to come along to any track day we go to. I'll drop ya an email next time we are goin'.

as far as me, and my smart ass getting old... nah.. I'm only 28.

I won't be old for 2 more years. (snicker snicker to old you old fellas)

very few people are deserving of my smart ass comments BTW... I just choose to be generous with the ones that aren't worthy
wink.gif
rock.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif

It's not easy to admit our bikes shortcomings. Sure it is. My 00 busa is a fat pig but still faster than my new to the stable 05 gixxer 1k. (just not in turns) My dual purpose 650 kicks both there butts as far as usefullness and comfort.

aren't forums about specific models THE place for like-minded owners to get together and pat each other on the back and enable "Busa is King" style remarks?  I've read plenty of 'shortcomings' on this site about the busa... okay well, only one I guess:  busa doesn't turn as easily as a smaller bike.  that's basic physics I am sure most purchasers considered before putting the money down, and then it's stated more factually than "... which makes it a piece of poo".  in all honesty, the busa turns FAR EASIER than I was expecting it too.   And personally, I try to not participate in the "Your bike sucks, mine's the best" mantality since I feel all forms of competition lead to bad things no matter how you self justify it.  I love your liter bike man!  It would be cool to be passed in a corner by you.  Everybody is different [except while wearing the Hilfiger swastica] and we are dawn to different things.

I know why I didnt buy a liter:  cuz it would be very uncomfortable on LOOOONG trips, cuz it would feel less planted at 188, cuz they are only tops of 1 of MY 7 requirements:  twisty race tracks, and even THOSE are fun on a Busa.  Otherwise, I got everything I need.  CAN I GET AN AMEN!!??!?!?!?!!  
biggrin.gif
AMEN!

It's not easy to admit our bikes shortcomings. Sure it is. My 00 busa is a fat pig but still faster than my new to the stable 05 gixxer 1k. (just not in turns) My dual purpose 650 kicks both there butts as far as usefullness and comfort.
Your 00 Busa must be modded pretty good then.

A dual purpose bike...sounds fun...what model do you have?

Power is not everything either...MJN's brother proved that to me. He is a long time rider with many years of experince , used to drag race etc etc...now he rides around a thirty something HP dual sport.
smile.gif

Its interesting how interests can change...hell I might be trading my Gixxer in for a Harley next.
laugh.gif

Not hard for me to admit the Busa's shortcomings.  I like riding my '02 cbr1100XX exponentially more than any Busa I've ever ridden...My '05 Busa felt subpar compared to my xx in almost every way except it came with a better stock suspension.  Yeah the Busa was a tad quicker...that's about it.....and marginally at that.  As always your YMMV.......

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130985871 -->

Back