Its not easy to admit our bikes shortcomings.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Since I got rid of my Busa I have learned that nobody wants to hear about how a Gixxer is better than a Busa and rightfully so, this is a Hayabusa forum.
I am learning to keep the performance talk to either an open bike forum or Gixxer specific forums.
Ive mentioned my Gixxer and gotten clobbered by a group of raveging Busa owners on more then one occation.
smile.gif

I see almost goofy posts of people protecting the Busa. "Busa is king" "Busa forever" blah blah. ...lol , its all good though because I too sometimes participated in that nonsence when I had my Busa.

I am a member at and have been to a good number of bike specific forums and at each one the overlying theme is
"our bike is the best, lets all pat each other on the back because we are good and so are our bikes"

I am an audio nut too and ive seen this same sort of thing going on in the audio forums. Rarely do you hear about a bad piece of equipment from the owners. The reviews are usally all good and just a tiny pinch of shortcomings in the end....that is until they get rid of it...then it was a piece of $hit.
biggrin.gif

I guess is just our nature to want to believe that we made the best decision possible.

I will admit that it is hard to pick out my bikes shortcomings, expecially in that I cannot afford to have 3-4 bikes...I suppose if money were not a factor then id probably be alot less biased to one bike....but then again id also probably not appreciate any one of them like I do my one bike either.

They are diff bikes in my opinion, I think they are both great bikes, the k6 is close to as fast strait line and is way faster in turns, also I have noticed the brakes to be a lot better on the k6. But I bought the busa because I like it for many reason. To each his own!

I think the Gixxer 1000 is a great bike. And it's definitly a threat to a Busa if the rider is good and has balls. I have raced a few just for fun and they do run. I can only pull away in 4th gear and up and even then not by much. I love my Busa, but then again I like most all bikes. After all, I also have a Goldwing for the days I want to go further, slower and be more comfortable. I also now have a HD Low Rider for the days I feel like cruising low and slow. I also just inherited 2 Blackbirds. I don't know when to ride them yet. Still trying to find the right mood for them.

David

All things have a dual nature. It IS human nature to ignore the parts you do not want to see and tumpet the ones you like.

firedevil.gif

I.  The reviews are  usally all good and just a tiny pinch of shortcomings in the end....that is until they get rid of it...then it was a piece of $hit.
biggrin.gif
Not to put words in your month, and be it known that I only put up a portion of your post, are you saying that "your" Hayabusa was a piece of $hit? And if so why?

You shouldn't have bought such a sucky bike
tounge.gif
J/K bent. I like the gixxers too, I liked the 05 black and yellow that one looked sharp, just like the Busa more and I know its just personal preference. Just like PH12 is about his 12R and BT is about his 10Rs and I'm sure they'll be a bunch the same way about the 14R, I guess it goes to that phrase "YOUR STUFF IS SHID, MY SHID IS STUFF"
laugh.gif

To each his own. With the lower wieght and ever updateing new technology of the new liter bikes it is hard not to notice the performance capabilities of these machines. As mentioned before I have raced a few K5 1000's and 10's and these bikes are stupid fast. I love my Busa and even though it is not as flickable as the liters it is still what I wanted. It is more comfortable, great low end torque and not at the expense of top speed, and still alot of fun in the twisties. Sure there are shortcomings to them but I have too much fun on it to notice. Just my $0.02

I love my Busa. I hated the cruser I had just before the Busa. Cussed it out when I had it too, I didn't wait to get rid of it to say it was a piece of $h!t. I prefer a larger bike with low end torque. Most of the liter bikes are too compact for my frame. I've had a chance to ride a 600 that I actually fit on. It didn't generate any power until near 10K revs. That's OK for the track, but a pain around town. I also think the Busa's styling is sexy. I think most people pick the bike that is the best match for the type of riding they do and the feel they like. So from their perspective, they do have the best bike out there. And nobody like to think their baby has faults.

I have wanted an hayabusa since 1999 and until now I could afford one. Just wished that some people did not care what you ride just that you ride.I see that too often that if you don't ride a certain brand then you are not worth riding with.
It does not matter to me what you ride as long as you ride.
Just my .02 cents.

Thanks for those comments Bentvalve,

I feel the same way. I have a Busa now only because it fits my big middle-aged(6'-210lb) body better not because it is the most superior bike. My friend has a Duc 999R and we trade bikes often during the day of twisties and freeway. The 999R pulls justs as hard as a Busa, handles infinitely better, better brakes, ergonomics, looks, etc. The only reason I don't go out and buy a duc 999R or K6 is because I look to big(friend says I look husky) on the bike. So the Busa for my frame and performance needs was my second choice.
Thanks for subject.

The biggest shortcoming on any bike of this caliber (new liter, 12/14 or Busa) is the rider. Very few of us have the skill to ride these bikes anywhere near their potential.

3gunner, if a 999 pulls as hard as your Busa, you either got a bad bike, or you ain't crackin the whip.....You should demolish a bike like that in a straight line.

was that a general stement with no real direction or point? or did I miss it

i think he's just wanting us all to come out and say..

damnit,, why didn't I buy a liter or something.

or to gently nudge us into realize what a POS the 'busa is..

kinda annoying really... bent comes off a sv650 to a busa... and realizes it weighs more... so he goes back and gets something more like what he was used too.. only more power.

personally.. for an everday bike... i'd take either the busa, or the sv over a liter... but hey.. i'll admit it.. the 'busa is a steaming pile.

happy now? can we move on? or will there be another post basically like this one, or the last one, or the one before that?

wink.gif

The Busa is the sex on wheels. The K5/6 is a hot bike that can go fast. They are both formidable but the Busa is the Grand Champ Pitbull of the Bunch. There may be other bikes out that are great, K6, ZX-14, but to each their own. If a person is happy with their particular bike, great job on them.

Back