Its not easy to admit our bikes shortcomings.

Every motorcycle is a comprimise. Every one. You are right, my little bro rides a KLR650 (he also has a GSXR1100) and will suprise the shiat out of people on it.
And it goes in the dirt. But it will hardly do 100mph....

A harley bagger or a goldwing is super comfy...can haul all the gear you want, and go fairly fast. But tour bikes are heavy. Not the easiest machine to muscle thru the twisties...(Think a Busa takes work to flick?)
A "pure" sportbike is incredible in the turns. Light, responsive, flickable, a complete delight to blast on a back road or the track.

Every machine has it's own niche. None of them does EVERYTHING. Not well at least.

The Busa is the closest thing there is to perfection in what I want in a motorcycle. It represents the least comprimise.

It handles very well. A bit heavy compared to the "pure" sportbikes, but with a little more effort, does extremely well.

Goes like stink......torque, torque, torque.

Comfortable. The seating position may not be that much different than a 1K. But the Busa feels much more substantail. In a good way.

It is a much more FINISHED motorcycle. I like the way Suzuki made my bike. All the lines and cables are covered, I have a complete set of guages...I like my dash. They did not trim eveything available to cut weight. I like it that way.

I goes fast. Enough said on this one:p

The bottom line is that for ME, the only thing my bike doesn't do is; go in the dirt and carry a weeks worth of shiat without extra bags.

Not tryin' to shoot down your choice in rides BV. The 1K is a hellofa machine. In some ways it is a better machine than the mighty Bus.

But as a whole machine......IMO, it falls short.

i think he's just wanting us all to come out and say..

damnit,, why didn't I buy a liter or something.

or to gently nudge us into realize what a POS the 'busa is..

kinda annoying really... bent comes off a sv650 to a busa... and realizes it weighs more... so he goes back and gets something more like what he was used too.. only more power.

personally.. for an everday bike... i'd take either the busa, or the sv over a liter...  but hey.. i'll admit it.. the 'busa is a steaming pile.

happy now?  can we move on?  or will there be another post basically like this one, or the last one, or the one before that?

wink.gif
Your smart ass is getting old , you did not used to have such a smart mouth on you...about the Busa being a POS, you said it , not I.

The Busa is an awesome bike, so what if I came off an SV650, ive been riding since 1989 and rode my Busa pretty fricking hard for a 11,000 miles.  I dont think I deserve your smart ass comments.

Lets stay off of this kind of talk man, I did nothing to you to provoke this ####.  Come ride with me if you want to discuss our riding skills.
bleh bleh bleh..  freak out much?

as far as riding skills... I didn't say anything about it.. thats your bag.  I guess I could load up and travel cross country to line em' up and go at it down mainstreet thru the outskirts of town and back to the soda shack.. first one back wins!....  
rock.gif

Your more than welcome to come along to any track day we go to. I'll drop ya an email next time we are goin'.

as far as me, and my smart ass getting old... nah.. I'm only 28.

I won't be old for 2 more years. (snicker snicker to old you old fellas)

very few people are deserving of my smart ass comments BTW... I just choose to be generous with the ones that aren't worthy
wink.gif

rock.gif
I think hes still pissed he didnt win the raffle........

wink.gif

rock.gif

In my opinion (this is just an opinion thread after all) I love my busa cause it FITS me. I used to own a 600RR and love it, but I looked like a monkey f##k##g a football and a liter bike would be the same way. I used to like riding but after find the bus and how well it fit me (6'5" 280#) I absolutly love riding. I am sure if I were a smaller person I would have really considered getting a liter bike, but I'm not so I didn't. I know the liter bikes are getting crazy fast and that is ok with me. I am not really into racing, just a few straight line runs on the backroads, so I don't care who is faster than who. The bad news is you so called gsxr k6 god bike will one day be just another bike like all the ones that came before it. So in closing remember the words of your parents: If you have nothig good to say, shut the f### up and leave!

Have a nice day.  
smile.gif

Chill out dood, I was joking about the god bike, dont get so fvcking defensive...uh no the 1000 is not the greatest think since sliced bread, it has is weaknesses compared to the Busa. If I thought the Busa was crap I would not still be posting here.
smile.gif
Besides, I guarantee I will be back on a Busa when Suzuki gives it a once over.

My point of this thread is that I too have a hard time admitting my bikes shortcomings, I did it with the Busa and I am having a hard time now. Maybe I just have a hard time relaying ####.

So here goes, IMO the K6 shortcomings (compared to the Busa) are as follows:

Torque, it dont have the grunt of the Busa , especially off the line.

As Mark put it, it dont have the substantial feel as the Busa.

2-up ability , see 1 and 2.

While close, it does not feel as grounded as the Busa does for high speed runs.

At the end of the day its not a Hayabusa and visa versa....these bikes really are apples and oranges in terms of the ride itself.

Not hard for me to admit the Busa's shortcomings.  I like riding my '02 cbr1100XX exponentially more than any Busa I've ever ridden...My '05 Busa felt subpar compared to my xx in almost every way except it came with a better stock suspension.  Yeah the Busa was a tad quicker...that's about it.....and marginally at that.  As always your YMMV.......
I remember that thread...yes you did list but then you almost came off as being too hard on it.

You prefer your 02' XX exponentially more than your Busa? Come on dood, break out of that mold man....that is not even possible.
biggrin.gif

Naw, it's not shortcomings. Like every other piece of engineering in the world, I'd prefer to think all bikes are a compromize in some form or fashion, (yes, even the mighty Busa).

Back in the early years of motorcycling riders didn't have the choices we enjoy today. Now-a-days most bikes are specifically designed around what the rider wants to do. Cruisers, sport/cruisers, 600/750/1K flickables, hyperbike rockets..., hell it's all good! If you're hung up on only one kind of bike, consider getting a better paying job, buy one of each, chill out and enjoy yourself!
biggrin.gif

I'll list the shortcomings I have noticed compared to my 2002 VFR. I still have under 200 miles on the new 05 busa, so I'm sure things will change.
1. mirrors are terrible
2. brakes are terrible
3. more vibrations
4. cold starts are a lot rougher

I'm sure I'll find more as time goes on, but so far, the pros far out weigh the cons.

Back