it's just not worth it.

doniton2

Registered
This is a sad story. when someone cut's you off take a deep breath and go about your own way, it just ain't worth this.

Grandfather shoots motorcyclist in O'Fallon, Mo., road rage incident

Read more: Grandfather shoots motorcyclist in O'Fallon, Mo., road rage incident

A grandfather riding with his wife and 9-year-old grandson on Saturday shot a motorcyclist in the chest in O'Fallon, Mo., during what police described as a road rage incident.

But it was the motorcyclist who reportedly started the incident, which occurred about 1:30 p.m., O'Fallon police said.

The 49-year-old motorcyclist, riding with his wife on separate bikes, was apparently upset that the grandfather cut off his wife while on Interstate 70, police said.

The grandfather and the motorcyclists got off at the Bryan Road exit. The male motorcyclist walked up to the grandfather's car at a red light. The two men began arguing. The motorcyclist then assaulted the 65-year-old driver, police said.

And that's when the grandfather pulled out a .380-caliber semi-automatic pistol. He shot the motorcyclist once in the upper left chest, police said.

The motorcyclist, a St. Ann resident, was taken to an area hospital. His injury does not appear life-threatening, police said.

The grandfather, an O'Fallon resident, left the scene, first dropping off his wife and grandson at home before driving to the police station for an interview. Police said their investigation is continuing. Police did not release the names of the people involved.

what a moron the guy on the bike is!

assaulting someone of that age is most cetainly a felony in that state as it is in most. the 65 yr. old man will be justified in defending himself if he can demonstrate that he could not simply drive away.

if he was stuck in traffic he is well within his rights to shoot him considering his fear for his wife and grand daughter. thats an imminent threat and could be reasonably argued he feared he was being car jacking.

the motorcyclist will surely be arrested. the old man being arrested in unlikely since he reported it to the police immediately after the incident as long as he can lawfully carry a weapon.

Wow, that is right up the road from us. Motorcyclist had every right to be frustrated and scared, but not to beat up anyone. His wife was Ok and no accident came from it. Should of said his piece and moved on. Oh well at least he gets to live and learn.

Grandpa would get off the hook for that in Louisiana. You just can't go up to another persons car and act retarded. Never know what they are packin!

that is typical.
what i try to do is...
i pull up next to them. "are you ok?"
"do you need medical assistance?"
"no? why? you almost killed my wife back there and i thought you might be having medical problems, you scared the whooie out of us!"

act concerned about THEIR health, works (almost) every time. :thumbsup:

Well, I guess if I was that old and had a biker come up to me and felt if we were threatened I would have shot him to. I on the other hand know better then to walk up to someone in a car and act like an idiot. Things happen on the road between bikes and cars all the time. We as bikers have a bad rep to start with but like someone else said if you have to say something do it in a way so no one gets hurt. After all we are all going to get old one day :laugh: and I am sure we will see a biker do something we wont like but we will know from past experience that its just life and it's not worth going to jail or dyeing over JMO Please everyone be safe and smart in the heat of the moment :thumbsup:

Thats why I don't ride my bike in traffic.......people get stupid in traffic.
Only time I'm in traffic I'm in a steel shell with 4 wheels :thumbsup:
Fortunately I live outside of town in the mountains....so I can choose :laugh:

that is typical.
what i try to do is...
"no? why? you almost killed my wife back there and i thought you might be having medical problems, you scared the whooie out of us!"

I never thought aobut it like this, but you're so right. :thumbsup:

He mustve REALLY cut her off badly for him to have hit a 65 yr old...but the 65 yr old doesnt sound typically 65 or feeble either lol... he may have been some sort of drill sgt or somethin to have barked back at the guys so much that he hit him. like military commander dude on Avatar lol.

NOTE TO ALL:

Shot him in the chest with a .380 and the resulting injury does not appear life threatening.

Imagine an amped up attacker and not some guy arguing with you in traffic. Moral of the story is don't trust .380 to stop an attacker.

After being shot and obv not near death would he have then legally been able to draw his gun and shoot back? Is it simply because this was an old guy with his grandson that he wasnt arrested or did he really have right to defend himself?

that is typical.
what i try to do is...

And then what...?

After they confirm they are ok you whip out the most powerful handgun on earth and blow their head clean off their shoulders or what :dunno:

:laugh:

NOTE TO ALL:

Shot him in the chest with a .380 and the resulting injury does not appear life threatening.

Imagine an amped up attacker and not some guy arguing with you in traffic. Moral of the story is don't trust .380 to stop an attacker.

After being shot and obv not near death would he have then legally been able to draw his gun and shoot back? Is it simply because this was an old guy with his grandson that he wasnt arrested or did he really have right to defend himself?

OK ill bite lol. the devils advocate in me says theres a difference between stop the threat and kill. He was injured and he was stopped, but his injuries were not life threatening thats all. and if he shot him repeatedly I think he couldve stopped the threat. Also the .380 may have been all the 65 yr old could handle accurately (he still hit him a little high). A .45 in a shakey hand is no good if it cant be wielded with accuracy.

as i said tho im playing devils advocate because I wholeheartedly agree with you that the .380 is not a good SD/HD round.

OK ill bite lol. the devils advocate in me says theres a difference between stop the threat and kill. He was injured and he was stopped, but his injuries were not life threatening thats all. and if he shot him repeatedly I think he couldve stopped the threat. Also the .380 may have been all the 65 yr old could handle accurately (he still hit him a little high). A .45 in a shakey hand is no good if it cant be wielded with accuracy.

as i said tho im playing devils advocate because I wholeheartedly agree with you that the .380 is not a good SD/HD round.

You assume the shot stopped him? Maybe the guy was like 'I can't believe you shot me you old fart I'm calling the cops!' and calmy waited for them. Yes I guess he could have shot him more times. What makes you think he's a shaky 65yr old and not Jack LaLane :laugh: He hit him high most likely because he was firing from a seated position inside car up at standing attacker.

Just playing the devils advocates advocate :)

Back