It's done... finally!

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
Long day, today. I sprayed the first pearl, sanded down the hump which I painted the wrong color, re-sprayed black, switched masking, sprayed second pearl, removed masking, corrected a few spots, sprayed urethane clear... Roughly nine hours in all.

I'll let it cure and then wet sand everything smooth to fix a few runs and the usual orange peel.
coffee.gif

BJP_0006.jpg

This will be completely smooth when I'm done with it.... Sorry, I'm not a robot in a factory.
tounge.gif

BJP_0009.jpg

Looks like nice work; probably need to see it in the sunlight!

Sounds like a labor of love. Nice work... Its great that you do your own stuff.

Heavy orange peel, but you'll take care of that I'm sure, at least you didn't have to worry about fisheyes
SHOCKED.gif

Yeah, gimme a week or so to fully wet sand and polish it all. They're still curing.
smile.gif

I guess now would be a good time to re-wire for the fuel pump, and touch up the paint on the frame, and polish up the lip on the front wheel... that should be enough, I just want to RIDE now.
biggrin.gif

Why is there a "smiley face" in the paint?
rock.gif
Must be one of the slower Busas...
biggrin.gif

And I do know that it's just a reflection and I can't believe one of these wiseguys over here hadn't jumped on that one yet...
all_coholic.gif

BTW Narc, that is some sweet work there... but then... what else can we expect from you. Can't wait to see the finished product.

When are gonna get to see the finished product
rock.gif
Do have a bike to put those on
rock.gif

tounge.gif

rock.gif

(Narcissus @ Apr. 22 2007,04:04) Long day, today. I sprayed the first pearl, sanded down the hump which I painted the wrong color, re-sprayed black, switched masking, sprayed second pearl, removed masking, corrected a few spots, sprayed urethane clear... Roughly nine hours in all.

I'll let it cure and then wet sand everything smooth to fix a few runs and the usual orange peel.  
coffee.gif
Cool! What color is that, and are you going to clear coat?

P.

Back