Its come to this

BigBadDodge

Registered
From time to time i'll throw an add on craigslist to pickup some welding work on the side, little extra cash, the responses i get absolutely amaze me and the people i have dealt with are well:rofl:

On the flip side i've done some really cool projects and even designed and blue printed out a few for people with great ideas. But i get bombarded with crazy crap that guys want me to weld up "roll cages" that are "just for looks" with cheap exhaust tubing, propane/natural gas tanks. Or my all time favorite i quote a price and they say well i think its worth xxx instead. Guy wanted me to build a bicycle trailer for a touring trip he was gonna take to washington to petition the government cause he was unemployed:poke: came up with a amazing blue print, accurate measurements, views etc. Wanted this crazy aluminum trailer on a gooseneck setup to weigh under 15 lbs (keep in mind were talking like a multi level 4ft wide-6ft long-3ft tall trailer with hubs tie downs etc. and cost him less than 250 including materials. He wasnt happy when i gave him MY price at a great deal on just the material going through my company was gonna run him almost 400.

So decided to lay it all out this time, think i got it all covered, you guys might enjoy it, few minutes after the ad went up i've already had some hillarious responses.
See if this weeds out some of the idiots. Atleast maybe give some folks entertainment. Its gotten to the point some emails i wont even respond to

Aluminum/stainless tig welding

Sounds like dealing with the People that allways say "My Brother, Uncle, Dad, Friend or Whatever is a Mechanic" ............Then why don't they take care of your Vehicle in the first place. If I had a Dime for everytime I hear that I would be a wealthy man by now :moon:

i love it!!! straight forward and honest...
now i have this design for a flux capacitor......:rofl:

Heck yeah Paul, if i needed welding work, Id be all over that add.

"Your 6 yr ols is not considered a translator" :rofl:

The roll cage is no bs guys, i spent a few years doing them and enjoy doing em but you have no idea how many people want "just for looks" cages. And the other thing is the weld together kits, some of them are great kits but if you think because you paid 150 in a group buy on a roll cage kit your gonna get it welded for 150 your freakin high. Tigging up one is a pain, i quote any of those pretty high to scare off the wanna be's:laugh:

I hope the ad works for you, I hear stories just like that from guys I work with. I can weld a little, but am a Machinist by trade, and if I need something welded professionally I take it to a PROFESSIONAL...welding is not something you learn overnight or from a book...or with a $300 machine.

Bout the only thing I'll take in on the side is titanium exhaust repair. Do a few for the local dirt bike folks, as there seems to be some idea of a "black art" to titanium welding.:laugh:
Been welding stuff for 30 years, and have gotten to the point where 40 to 57 hours a week of banging out stainless tanks is enough for me.

Looks like your add oughta do the trick though. Will offend the ones who you are trying to avoid, and attract the customers who are looking for someone who is serious about building/fixing their stuff.:thumbsup:

Yea i get to those points, today was one of em, long week followed by a nice early few hours this morning, was going to go pickup my friends bike and fab up some stuff for it, didnt really feel like it. Nice thing is i play with heavy steel and mig all day, kinda relaxing to come home and tig

Back