It has begun...

Yeah it looks great BT gut I have a question. When are ya gonna pour a slab? When I was reading through this you said you were, and I was thinking that as soon as you got done with the framing you would pour it and encase the bottoms of the posts in concrete, but since your putting up the walls I'm now out of ideas. Inquiring minds want to know

edit: I own this page

<!--EDIT|racrguy
Reason for Edit: "I'm the only one on the 4th page of this topic woohoo"|1085310503 -->

It looks really good Bullet.....REALLY GOOD!!!......I'd sure love to be down there helpin ya out, I'd love ta meet yer Pops.....he's unreal.......don't even stop for dinner......my kinda dude!!
Yeah, I have to pretty much make him take a break long enough to down some Gatorade. Don't want him heat strokin' out on me. The shop is really takin' shape now. Can't wait to get it done!
biggrin.gif

Yeah it looks great BT gut I have a question. When are ya gonna pour a slab? When I was reading through this you said you were, and I was thinking that as soon as you got done with the framing you would pour it and encase the bottoms of the posts in concrete, but since your putting up the walls I'm now out of ideas. Inquiring minds want to know

edit: I own this page
We're not putting the last (bottom) run of tin on yet. We're gonna put a treated board around the outside and aluminum flashing around the posts and pour to the walls when we pour it.
wink.gif

So, how does it feel to own your own page in my shop thread? Ya feel special?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

More pics from today's work... Man, it's lookin' a lot like a buildin' now! It's also lookin' fuggin' HUGE!
eek2.gif

Check it out...

shop_55.jpg

aaahh I see, and I don't technically "own" it, kind of like financing a car, your name is on the title but if you look closer there's a lein against it so with that said I own it but you have the lein against it  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

Another shot of Da' Man in action! By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this but he has just finished losin' a LOT of weight, too. I think he lost well over 100 lbs. I call him "Slim" now. His reply every time is, "Yeah, right...". I guess he still think's he's fat.
biggrin.gif

shop_53.jpg

aaahh I see, and I don't technically "own" it, kind of like financing a car, your name is on the title but if you look closer there's a lein against it so with that said I own it but you have the lein against it  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
For all intents and purposes, it's yours. You "founded" this page I guess.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

WOOOOHOOOO my own page *sniff *sniff, I'd like to thank all the little people, I couldn't have done it without 'ya, now I'm going to Disney World
blush.gif
laugh.gif

Lookin good Bullet.......I've never seen tin put on horizontal before......new things every day I guess.
Sure gettin close now hey........be in within a few weeks I bet!!!
thumbs-up.gif

nope no dress (not into that kinda thing
smile.gif
) and I have not seen the commercial what channel did you see it on? I'll try to catch it
Don't know which channel. It's just a Disney World commercial where this little girl says "We're goin' to Disney World and I'm gonna wear my Cinderella dress!". Just kind of stuck in my head like a bad song and now every time I hear someone say they're goin' to Disney that line pops into my head.
drooling3.gif

Lookin good Bullet.......I've never seen tin put on horizontal before......new things every day I guess.
Sure gettin close now hey........be in within a few weeks I bet!!!
thumbs-up.gif
Yeah, puttin' the tin on horizontal was Pop's idea. He said why but I don't remember.
wink.gif
Should be done in maybe another week or so except for the slab.
biggrin.gif

Very nice, BT! Is your dad going to help with the electrical as well?

Very nice, BT!  Is your dad going to help with the electrical as well?
Nah, he ain't gonna "help" with electrical, he's gonna DO the electrical. I know absolutely NOTHING about that crap!
rock.gif
I'll hand him shid and pull wire or whatever, but it's far more accurate to say I'll help him instead of sayin' he'll help me. Hehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif

I don't really enjoy electrical stuff myself! I don't mind chasing wires to find out where they lead, but once there I would rather not splice into them. You should have seen me get that undertail wiring straight. Scary stuff!

Back