The House has begun

1. No its not code, there is a lot of weight that the exterior walls are going to bear once the porch is on, it goes around two sides of the house. and the R factor that I will get with 2x6 exterior walls will me much better. Not to mention the fact the exterior walls are 10 feet.

2. The footing is actually 18 inches and the stem wall is 21 inches. When it is said and done I am bringing in dirt to pull around the concrete slab that you see. When it rains I am at the bottom of a large hill and the concrete elevation ensures that I will never have water running in my kitchen from the pond on top of the hill.

Thanks for the family thing, I like em too

Nice piece of land ! Very happy for you and the family !
thumbs-up.gif

1. No its not code, there is a lot of weight that the exterior walls are going to bear once the porch is on, it goes around two sides of the house. and the R factor that I will get with 2x6 exterior walls will me much better. Not to mention the fact the exterior walls are 10 feet.

2. The footing is actually 18 inches and the stem wall is 21 inches. When it is said and done I am bringing in dirt to pull around the concrete slab that you see. When it rains I am at the bottom of a large hill and the concrete elevation ensures that I will never have water running in my kitchen from the pond on top of the hill.

Still no pole for the strippers in the "Guy Room" huh Capt.?
rock.gif
That's O.K. From the looks of the family, you don't need any trouble. Good job.

Brian

Still no pole for the strippers in the "Guy Room" huh Capt.?
rock.gif
 That's O.K.  From the looks of the family, you don't need any trouble.  Good job.

Brian
You realize this does mean that since there are no poles or strippers that I won't visit whenever I'm down in Bartlesville don't you?
rock.gif
But, depending on the beer you drink, I may just have to stop in for a tour of the house. Is it Bud Light? If it is, you might not be able to get rid of me. Can you say adoption?

Brian

rock.gif

Back