It got expensive

Bigboy Busa2

Registered
Don’t know if I ever said. Layed my ‘06 limited down in 2012. Took a helicopter ride to Spartanburg hospital. I’m still amazed at the cost. Trooper didn’t write me a ticked, said the copter ride would be enough. $15500 to get there and $165 a mile. And they cut my good belt off me!
38CB4403-624B-4B16-BE67-196BC9B98FD2.jpeg

Yikes! Hope insurance covered the bulk of that. I joined AirMed Care Network in case I ever need an airlift.

That’s an expensive ride!!! I also have been looking into the AirMed thing just in case.

Holy crap!! :shocked: $20,450 !!!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:
We have a helicopter rescue service that is 'free' to the injured.
Funded by donations from the public and also one of our major Banking groups, Westpac.
Us too...

Depending on the patient, it would be devastating to have this cost incurred-homes could be lost, etc.....

That's cheap. When I call for a bird for one of my patients, I better make damn certain a bird is beneficial in relation to ground pounding to the hospital. My dad got flown from one hospital to another and it was $46xxx. Fortunately insurance covered all of it

I had let my little girl paint my toenails, when the doc came out to meet my wife the first thing he asked was what’s up with my toes!

My neighbor's oldest son had gotten a street bike older Yamaha. He had some experiance on dirt. The kid was twenty something (kind of a duechs) and I felt some responsiblity and asked if he was familure with some riding techniques usefull on the road. He said yeah and blew me off basically & I left it at that. He had a fairly bad crach within a few weeks hitting a car and then a tree. He was flown out by bird and it cost 33k or so no joke. Sure the father ate that bill cause the kid doesn't pay shiitown & still lives at home muching with no intention of ever leaving.

My neighbor's oldest son had gotten a street bike older Yamaha. He had some experiance on dirt. The kid was twenty something (kind of a duechs) and I felt some responsiblity and asked if he was familure with some riding techniques usefull on the road. He said yeah and blew me off basically & I left it at that. He had a fairly bad crach within a few weeks hitting a car and then a tree. He was flown out by bird and it cost 33k or so no joke. Sure the father ate that bill cause the kid doesn't pay shiitown & still lives at home muching with no intention of ever leaving.
there are lots of twentysomethings that are moochers... the parents tell everyone how "successful" and smart their kids are..... they went to college.. etc etc..... if u grew up in a poor neighborhood this is a source of bitterness towards these kids.....

This one has been a real bad seed to his two younger brothers & older sister. Bullying, destroying just cause he could. The parents could never follow through and hold him accountable & when one tries the other caves. This has been his whole life so the dad talks tough then ends up paying for stupid stuff like the glass inside Mcdonalds he broke $1500, fines for doing stuff father told him not to do & he ignores him anyway. Painting a very nasty adult site on peoples garages property bridges county wide. Refused to go to school 4 yrs got his way & the younger boys learned form him even though he tourtured them both mentally/phsically. Then became a drop out that just lived in the basement for years. Father got him a good job as a lineman and he pissed a great job away by not doing the aprentice homework. He did buy a brand new truck when he did start working then tried to kill himself by running it into a tree cause he didn't want to live. Mind you now this is really an adult. Back when he was 18 his mother called me because he openly would tell the dad F-U what are you going to do about it ? Nothing! After he had beat the father up the week belore. Well they were fighting again she reported and was scared; so I went over & nicely gave him some act right & let him know I tolerate him because of his parents what they say goes & if they ask for my help they were going to get it. I sat with that kid for 5 hours told him how it was even arranged to take him the next day to a troubled youth facility I use to run. Show him the path he was on. He refused & was terrified I was taking him there to live. Those 2 days changed him and being arrested by the Troopers after both parents pressed charges didn't hurt. He is a lot better the last 2 years but he is about 29 still lives at home with a girlfriend and her daughter. Still has the occasional domestic episodes; not really bitter just a shame he burdened his family for so long.

This one has been a real bad seed to his two younger brothers & older sister. Bullying, destroying just cause he could. The parents could never follow through and hold him accountable & when one tries the other caves. This has been his whole life so the dad talks tough then ends up paying for stupid stuff like the glass inside Mcdonalds he broke $1500, fines for doing stuff father told him not to do & he ignores him anyway. Painting a very nasty adult site on peoples garages property bridges county wide. Refused to go to school 4 yrs got his way & the younger boys learned form him even though he tourtured them both mentally/phsically. Then became a drop out that just lived in the basement for years. Father got him a good job as a lineman and he pissed a great job away by not doing the aprentice homework. He did buy a brand new truck when he did start working then tried to kill himself by running it into a tree cause he didn't want to live. Mind you now this is really an adult. Back when he was 18 his mother called me because he openly would tell the dad F-U what are you going to do about it ? Nothing! After he had beat the father up the week belore. Well they were fighting again she reported and was scared; so I went over & nicely gave him some act right & let him know I tolerate him because of his parents what they say goes & if they ask for my help they were going to get it. I sat with that kid for 5 hours told him how it was even arranged to take him the next day to a troubled youth facility I use to run. Show him the path he was on. He refused & was terrified I was taking him there to live. Those 2 days changed him and being arrested by the Troopers after both parents pressed charges didn't hurt. He is a lot better the last 2 years but he is about 29 still lives at home with a girlfriend and her daughter. Still has the occasional domestic episodes; not really bitter just a shame he burdened his family for so long.
I dunno man.... since I was 16 I was basically on my own.... my parents moved away to Syracuse (300 miles away) and ive been working full time (almost) since then.... I even managed to get a college degree.... with the help from a great friend and his father who let me live in their living room for an extended period of time.... it seems like I spent a lot of time just surviving..... no family help/just my parents that were 300 miles away... or very little.... and im still bitter about that..... and ill never forgive.... we all have our poop lists.... but living well really is the best revenge..... (my mother is one of six.... none helped me at all)… and a certain uncle never let me forget that I was a "merrick section" baby.. real gem of a guy... him and his gay son... lol.... I win.

Last edited:
I dunno man.... since I was 16 I was basically on my own.... my parents moved away to Syracuse (300 miles away) and ive been working full time (almost) since then.... I even managed to get a college degree.... with the help from a great friend and his father who let me live in their living room for an extended period of time.... it seems like I spent a lot of time just surviving..... no family help/just my parents that were 300 miles away... or very little.... and im still bitter about that..... and ill never forgive.... we all have our poop lists.... but living well really is the best revenge..... (my mother is one of six.... none helped me at all)… and a certain uncle never let me forget that I was a "merrick section" baby.. real gem of a guy... him and his gay son... lol.... I win.
With you there. Hardship I get, making your own way on your own gives you self worth & inner determination that no one can take away. How we come up forms the men we become & you should be proud for sure. Iron sharpens Iron! Who knows how many people you influence positively just by being you.

Back