It finally happened! Towed home

when i first put my vance n hines pipes on my old gsx1300rw i rode it to work (mechanic put it on) i noticed my rear wheel getting sloppy and big white cloud of smoke behind me...i shut her off and coasted to edge...mechanic had line to oil cooler too close to head and didnt have it insulated....he picked up and replaced and cleaned for me for free. month later i wrecked it falling asleep.

OUCH!

Man!...I'm just glad to hear you didn't go down! A lesson learned the hard way...but it could have been worse.

Good on ya for posting up though....sometimes we all need a reminder of the simple things.

Solid way of looking at things, a good swift right turn with some lean and this could have been a completely different story. Thanks for posting the thread and "bumping" if you will the thought in our minds. :beerchug:

:rulez: job isn't done till it's done:rulez:.

when i first put my vance n hines pipes on my old gsx1300rw i rode it to work (mechanic put it on) i noticed my rear wheel getting sloppy and big white cloud of smoke behind me...i shut her off and coasted to edge...mechanic had line to oil cooler too close to head and didnt have it insulated....he picked up and replaced and cleaned for me for free. month later i wrecked it falling asleep.
How'd you fall asleep on a bike? I didn't think that was possible :laugh:

Had similar "ommission" on my part when I had Katana 600. Except, I discovered that when idling the bike shortly after the oil change. Things happen - don't sweat it.

In your case, I would've asked someone to bring fresh oil and a bunch of paper towels. In a couple of hours, she would've been filled with oil, and squeeky clean, and I would've ridden her back home, or wherever you wanted to go.

Hey, something to tell your kids or grandkids, ha? :laugh:

Back