Is there a new Shoei helmet pinlock system I dont know about?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
This arrived today. Cheaped out,but had to as my dark smoke was scuffed. (OCD) :laugh: Has Shoei developed a new anti-fog system I am not aware of?
I mean their old skool pinlock attaches to the inside as shown in my smoked visor...

h4.jpg

With just tiny little pins inside...which drive me mental... :banghead: and little attachment point visible on the outside....which drive me mental as well.

h3.jpg

Now here's the "New" aftermarket "Chinese Style" what's wrong with this picture...

h1.jpg

Is it just me....
dunno.gif
Don't answer that ya pack O' Bastids.

Why? Why did they do it? I sometimes get a real kick out of "Aftermarket" "Off-Shore" products and their improvements.
So,where do I order an' anti-fog shield attachment for the OUTSIDE.

h2.jpg

Here's the cool part. They are not glued in. remove the screw if desired,which I do desire.

h5.jpg

Now I shall speed test it...see if it the little holes create any unwanted sound....like a slight....
whistle.gif

If it does, you guys will be able to laugh yer bagz off and suggest things like a big piece of duct tape, etc.

h6.jpg

Rubb.

Ha! Never mind the ridiculous back to front ‘pinlock’ buttons, why would ya get a ORANGE visor????
I get shoei parts from the UK for half the price they charge here in NZ..... visor cost $65 landed, complete set of interior padding cost $120.... my shoei is now 13 years old and in as new condition lmao.

Fits beautifully and paint and graphics still in excellent condition.. gotta love Shoei helmets!

Ha! Never mind the ridiculous back to front ‘pinlock’ buttons, why would ya get a ORANGE visor????
I get shoei parts from the UK for half the price they charge here in NZ..... visor cost $65 landed, complete set of interior padding cost $120.... my shoei is now 13 years old and in as new condition lmao.

Fits beautifully and paint and graphics still in excellent condition.. gotta love Shoei helmets!
Mate ya helmet must've taken a few stone hit beatings in that time + our UV = an outer that has to have de graded somewhat ?
Great resource your link Greg as ive found Shark parts :beerchug:

Uhhh...excuse me....it's red. To match the bike. :p

20200820_144009.jpg

Well...OK,its sorta orange.:banghead: Damb...I bought an orange visor. :redface:

Rubb.

Mate ya helmet must've taken a few stone hit beatings in that time + our UV = an outer that has to have de graded somewhat ?
Great resource your link Greg as ive found Shark parts :beerchug:
Mate, when you are on a Busa you're out front = no stone chips lol . . .
UV degradation?? who cares, it keeps the wind, rain and sun off my head and still looks good, that'll do me boy.
Glad you got to find Shark parts thru that link to that shop . . I've bought a fair bit of stuff from them and they're quick delivery and good service too.

Back