Cleveland Cycle World Show my thoughts

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Thinking because 09 had been such a crappy year I didn't have a lot of hope that this years Cycle World Show at the IMS Center would be as big or as good as previous years.... in some respects I was right and in some others I was wrong!

There were a lot of people today (Saturday) which made the show seem like it was as well attended as in the past. In reality they shortened the depth but made it a little longer so going up and down the isles seemed cramped because of the dimensions. There were no BMW, KTM, Moto Guzzi or Triumph displays and I heard lots of comments especially from the BMW group. Those were the parts that I know made this year quite not as good as last year.

Some things I liked... TAP Out Ring Girl contest...this was new and I voted for the girl who hugged me the most..LOL

My RF 1000 Suzuki Hayabusa Shoei helmet fogs...so I wanted to buy the pinlock setup..not that easy or cheap. They wanted me to buy a new shield $47 then buy the pinlock shaded thing for another $30 or so. I have some Rain X I think I wipe some inside. Shoei guy wasn't nearly as interested in answering the questions as say the ARAI guy??? Bummer

I found a guy selling EMF Platinum 8000 XENON bulbs package in pairs for $25
and as the late great Billy Mays would say, "wait there's more!" I told the seller I needed hi and low so he gave me a pair of H7's and a pair of 9005's for $30 total. That was a good deal.

Went to the BMW Wunderlich after market guys and picked up a neat flipper for my ZG Touring Shield. Yeah it was $120 but if it works on the LD trips it will be worth twice the price in comfort.

Sat in as a guest commentator for Open Road Radio a national TV/Radio motorcycle talk show eminating from Chicago... just loved the hotty Host Gina Woods and everyone was nice.

Finally wherever a Busa was set up it gathered a crowd. Young and old, black n' white, city folks, country people...all shared a common thread the Busa.

$8 parking sucks and those that have to pay $15 to get in that sucks too.. but all in all it was a good day with friends and motorcycles and you can't ask for much more in the dead of winter in Ohio. Wardie

Last edited:
$8 parking sucks and those that have to pay $15 to get in that sucks too.. but all in all it was a good day with friends and motorcycles and you can't ask for much more in the dead of winter in Ohio. Wardie

the NYC show parking was anywhere from $30-60 depending on where you parked :cry:

Last edited:
No gun show today Chris I am heading for a benefit and chinese auction for a friend who has been is in rehabilitation due to being hit by a car. He just a woke from a coma two weeks ago and was in that coma since Thanksgiving. Long rehab now that won't have the best ending including family having to purchase a wheel chair equiped van. Rallying local motorcyclists to come to his aid , attend the benefit and help defer some medical costs.

After the benefit I am heading over to see the other gal in my life my 6 1/2 month old grand daughter Charlotte. Seeing her will ease the pain of the benefit.

Back