Is the "Ultra Man" costume reeeally necessary?

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes. What I'm referring to is the leather gear (I guess it's called) that guys wear. Personally I don't care for it but then again I've never ridden any motorcycle, hey wait do freeway legal Chinese scooters count? I dunno I just think for the casual rider (like I would be) is it really necessary? And doesn't it get hot in all that leather? On warm days while riding the scooter I had nothing but a windbreaker on and I was sweating.

Number 1 answer that will be given.........sweat washes off....road rash don't !

Just go outside, and rub your hand on the road..............now imagine doing that with your body at around 75 mph. plus !!

Yes, it can get hot wearing leathers...but at least you'll be protected in case of an accident. I don't wear a one-piece, because they suck if you stop somewhere. I do, however, ride with a two-piece suit, and it's worth the minor discomfort of being hot.
But if you are one of those guys who "knows" they won't have an accident, feel free to wear a singlet, shorts and sneakers. - Make sure you send us some pics from the hospital, though.

:rofl: To be honest tee shirts, shorts and sneakers are what most guys around here are wearing, or at least it seems that way. That's kinda why I'm asking cause I'm thinking well they have sport bikes and their not wearing all the gear so it must be OK.

Wrong board to ask this question on...

I dont own/wear leathers like that. I have a mesh jacket with armor that I wear when it's warm, and a leather jacket only when it's chilly. I mostly ride to work so it's jeans for me. If I get out on the weekend doin the back roads, I have a pair of Bohn Armor Pants that I wear under my jeans. One of my riding friends always wears a 2-piece leather suit. Up to the rider.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

I perfer to ride shirtless in my boxers. But I wear a cowboy hat for head protection.

well you cam e to the correct place to learn....you got that going for you. If you want to decide the hard way here what you do....tie a rope around your waist. tie the other end to the bumper of a vehicle. next have a friend enter said vehicle. finally have said friend drive around the block dragging you on your as$ and lets see what you think of shorts and a tshirt then.:poke:

I've always been fond of a thong, flip-flops, and a DOT/Snell approved doo rag.

Oh wait, that's not it. I don't wear a full suit or even a 2 piece suit, but I never get on the bike for a ride without an armored jacket, riding boots, helmet, and gloves.

asking if leather is ok not to wear while rideing a motorcycle is like being handed a gun every day to clean without checking to see if its loaded...its simply a issue of statistical probability that you will go down and you will get hurt and leather WILL protect you....or you can just clean the guns and be just as stupid there too

There are some particularly gruesome pics around here somewhere that might cause you to rethink your position.....

asking if leather is ok not to wear while rideing a motorcycle is like being handed a gun every day to clean without checking to see if its loaded...its simply a issue of statistical probability that you will go down and you will get hurt and leather WILL protect you....or you can just clean the guns and be just as stupid there too

Amen it's not if you go down it's generally when. There are two types if I recall the ones who have been down and the ones that haven't been down yet. Wear your gear it'll save your life better yet it'll save the life your used to. Imagine what could happen if you destoyed a part of you that you use everday I personally like my body motor functions. Don't take it the wrong way it's all said with your well being in mind.

guess you never hit the asphalt as a kid huh, good luck with that...

Going anywhere around town;
-Boots, Gloves, Armored Jacket, Helmet, Jeans.
-Highway, Twisties, Clover Leafs, 'Spirited' riding, I wear my one piece suit, Gloves, Boots, Helmet.

This site will 'scare you straight'
Rock The Gear

Back