Is the Economy in a Coma ?

You guys want to fix the economy?

Next election vote against the incumbent no matter who they are (Federal, State, Local). Start throwing the bastids out and the ones who remain may get the picture and change their way of the public gravy train. If they don't, throw that bunch out the following election. We cannot keep the same greedy bunch in power and expect anything to change. It just doesn't work that way!

Lob the head of the snake off and the body dies!

That'd be easier to do if there weren't so many people that vote for a living....

950 to be transfered from our company that made GE 1 billion in profit last quarter....and they announced 5 plant closeings nation wide...me thinks something is in the works and those of power and position are privi to it....as rosebud said...come spring...watch for the collapse of the precious metals and quickly following the total deflation of the dollar...and false flag attacks to justify martial law... The latest from “DHS Insider” just something to keep in the back of your head...

so I actually read that page. It was published according to the site a while ago. Some of what it has is very conspiracy theory type but some of the things have and are happening. Lots of the conspiracy theorist type sites predict that some "global change" or "new world order" is going on and has been for some time. Not sure how much I buy into that but something is driving this economic charlie foxtrot.

Food costs are ridiculously expensive now, to the point I wonder how anyone that actually buys their food but is at the lower end of the economic scale can afford to eat beef regularly. The food stampers are still dining on lobster and filet :banghead:

Gas prices are crazy high and there are certainly more taxes on the way for it. Look at your local tax code, you probably pay more in taxes than you do the product. Around here thats the case and yet the roads suck.

The USD is weak, there are those in other countries calling for a move from the USD standard back to the gold standard. If that happens, the USD will collapse. We simply do not have enough physical gold to cover our debts.

Guns, ammo, weapons, etc are all being gobbled up at what some say are alarming rates by the Govt groups, yet average citizens are hard pressed to acquire.

The media feeds us what they want us to see, its not necessarily the whole truth/story as evidenced by looking at places like the BBC.

We are heading somewhere, I hope its not the conspiracy theorists stated places. Its certainly not seeming to be a great place but there is time for it to correct itself. Maybe if folks start to realize that we can't keep hemorrhaging money and giving it away to foreign interests, we'll be able to fix things. Any head doctor will tell ya, if you are not in a good place, no one you interact with will be able to be good either.

Yer economy is not in a coma...it's just very very sleepy. :turn:

Respectfully yours,

RSD.

The numbers don't lie brother. Another presidential election is over and the numbers are coming in. Every economic indicator went south this past month. And Brother; it wasn't pretty to start with. Just think about this folks all the tax refunds have been mailed and spent and it's still sucking it up.

This is one reason why I love SoFla. We are based on rich retirees and tourism, neither of which will ever stop.
We are very busy here.
Well with the looming changes you might get surprised. I hope not since I plan on getting a few checks starting within a decade or so :whistle:

Very busy building custom homes in the Midwest, I am so buried in work its not even funny, I could pour concrete 7 days a week for 12 hours a day and still not be caught up for a month I bet. Just hired another new guy today
What's the reason behind the expansion. The housing market in the US has completely collapsed. Foreclosures at an all time high. In my area there are no craftsman because there is no new construction and hasn't been since the '80's. Maybe a small double wide boom :laugh:

You can hide a lot of sadness by continuing to print money by the truckload, they buy back your own bonds with it...for only so long....anybody else but the government doing this would have been jailed a long time ago. Sooner or late the bill comes due. Greece makes a good example just on a smaller scale. We are in the middle of a 'spring bounce' but if it's the same as the last 5 years, It may not last long.

Do you think the stock market is doing good on fundamentals right now? NO. Right now the stock market is flush with cash because so much has been put out there, and everyone's got out of bonds, but it's not because its on solid footing. Remember, black Friday was in '29; but it took almost 5 years for the depression to hit it's worst point. Nobody's making any money SAVING, so they are investing it which could have bad consequences.

What's the reason behind the expansion. The housing market in the US has completely collapsed. Foreclosures at an all time high. In my area there are no craftsman because there is no new construction and hasn't been since the '80's. Maybe a small double wide boom :laugh:

I don't know the reason, but I can tell you I work on mostly $850,000+ houses and in my area they are putting them in the ground by the boatload. Housing market is very strong here, I am not the only busy contractor either, I don't even bid jobs, people call me all the time and I tell them I'm 4-5 months out, they reply with that's what others are saying. I am more worried that I will not be able to keep up then looking for work, going to be the best year ever for my company, great year to take over ownership.

So I can say the economy at least in my area is doing great!

I don't know the reason, but I can tell you I work on mostly $850,000+ houses and in my area they are putting them in the ground by the boatload. Housing market is very strong here, I am not the only busy contractor either, I don't even bid jobs, people call me all the time and I tell them I'm 4-5 months out, they reply with that's what others are saying. I am more worried that I will not be able to keep up then looking for work, going to be the best year ever for my company, great year to take over ownership.

So I can say the economy at least in my area is doing great!

Taylor, here's why. I would HIGHLY recommend you think about how to protect yourself as a contractor to ensure you and your subs get paid.....

------------
The loose monetary policy that has been the bedrock of the Fed’s policy since the recession began has been coming under fire from many economists and observers – some from within the Fed itself. The question is not whether this set of policies should have been pursued as there is extremely broad agreement within the ranks of the economic analysts that this was precisely what one would expect from the Fed. The question is how long this tactic should be dominating the Fed’s approach to the economy. When will the system be healthy enough to take off this financial life support?

The critics point out that there are two problems that are getting more and more serious as time passes. The first is that all of this money that has been made available by the Fed’s policies has formed a virtual “money wallâ€￾ and at some point that cash comes cascading into the system and ratchets inflation to a level that will require a total Fed reversal. This is the trigger that usually creates the double dip inflation. The Fed is forced to raise rates rapidly in response to the inflation surge and that threatens to push the economy back into the doldrums.

The bigger issue right now is that the loose policy is encouraging the kind of risk taking that led to the boom and bust of the last decade. There are too many institutions that are starting to take on more and more high risk investments in order to get some returns that are respectable and profitable. This would not have been as likely a move even a couple of years ago as the economy as a whole was not performing at all well. Now there is enough life in the system that some of these bets could pay off. Then again, they might not and the economy is back in the position of coping with the downside of that risk. It is the opinion of those in the Fed that support the loose policies that these risks can be managed with better regulation and control but the critics question how much better that control is from the last time.

If this country were a business, we'd be bankrupt. The whole notion that we can just "print more money" was the beginning of our end.

I am in the process of giving up on a worthwhile future here. The financial hole is so deep, and we produce so little, that I don't see any way we are gonna bounce back in my lifetime. I am all about working and producing, instead of making money appear and disappear on paper. It's not really debt to them, if all they have to do is print more money.

I'm just gonna quietly, stack away my dough, pay as little in taxes as possible and, become an ex-pat somewhere. In fact I spend hours researching this as a 5 year plan for me. Once each year I try and travel to a place that I may want to punch out to, to get a feel for it.

One of my first requirements is how stable the currency is. Anything based on the USD I am checking off the list as a no.

If we fall, its gonna be ugly.

I will tell you a personal story. As some of you may know my dad passed away last Dec right before Christmas. My mom now 86, has a living trust that she is now sole trustee too. This estate plan allows for her to have "benefit of her home" until she dies. Her home is located in Ms. We moved her and dad from there to Wa 3 years ago and rent out that house. Now the state of Wa. in an effort to pay for the social programs has decided to try and seize assets held in trust. Now mind you my mother has asked for nothing from the state of Wa. in the way of social assistance. They just decided to start hedging their bets. Our atty in Wa. advised us that the home in Ms., because it was not being used by her and was income producing, was subject to seizure because she is now a resident of the state of Wa. Called our Ms. attorney and they confirmed that indeed the legal landscape is changing. So, on advice of counsel, I immediately told my mom to write a check for 88,000 dollars against a HELOC she has on the house. That was done as the trust allows to "compensate" the executor of the estate. This puts the house in debt so that Wa. will no longer be interested in it. They would have to satisfy the debt in order to seize it. The rental income pays the HELOC note, so mom doesn't get hurt financially. But guess who has to pay the taxes on 88k in income?

You guessed it.

This is a product of what over spending by govt does. They are beginning to challenge laws to allow them to seize what isn't theirs, to pay bills we (us sheep) did not create.

Yet Wa. has about the most expensive real estate there is and people there on her island, pay a starting price of $3,000,000 on homes built right down the street. Their property taxes that people pay will make you vomit. But Wa. still needs more.

So goes the rest of the country. Stockton, Ca. just got approved for bankruptcy. That has now set a precedent that the rest will pile on to. So what if they can't pay their employee's pensions. Just go bankrupt so they can legally screw them over.

I know of 3 govt employees as friends. They have had to give up 20% of their income due to the sequester.

So goes the rest.

It's interesting to me that WA could grab your mom's assets, BEFORE she has not claims a penny of assistance/benefits...

It's interesting to me that WA could grab your mom's assets, BEFORE she has not claims a penny of assistance/benefits...

They haven't grabbed anything yet. But they are actively pursuing challenging laws that are in place to protect assets. However it is not unique to Wa. My Ms. attorney confirmed that this is going to be a trend for any state that are struggling financially. So far no state has been successful.........yet. But they feel its a matter of time.

Here is what they have legally changed in Wa. A resident cannot gift to any child more than $600 per year. Cash or equivalent value in goods. That is down from $2000 a year. Anything more than $600 will be considered as an attempt to dissipate assets. They have also changed the "look back" period from 2 years, to 6 years.

People this country is burning. Big government is destroying everything. There is no accountability for anything in this country. When is someone that is in charge going to wake up and say you know, this has to change. Someone pointed out that congress is making like 68 new rules a day, that is just mind boggling! We can not continue to let government run and control everything in our life. I read something not too long ago that talked about taxes in the days of kings and queens. Your yearly taxes was to do ONE day of work a YEAR for the government. I estimate that I work 2+ days a WEEK to pay all the taxes that I pay on income, real estate, gas, food, etc. I find this to be just unacceptable. How did we let it get to this? I always talk about the country with people and say this "America is full of fluff". What I mean is, there is no substance to our country. We have stopped contributing to any kind of manufacturing and industrialization. We don't buy anything that is made in the states. We have shipped all of our jobs across the ponds in both directions, and have nothing here but shopping malls and quickie marts! Sure I'm being dramatic, but think about it. It is only a matter of time before the world gives up on the USD, and then my friends it's officially over for the good old USA. I'm an American and this sickens me. I'm absolutely disgusted with government, and with all of these entitlements. Stop all of the welfare today, give health care and make a bread line for those truly in need. I joke with people all the time about moving out of this country, and honestly I think it's what any smart and financially sound person should do.
For those of you that having great success stories in your local economies I am very happy for you. I hope that it continues for many years for you.

Ray Charles could see the mushroom cloud coming... we have an unsustainable model, but just what allot of people want???. gimme gimme gimme... I hope some people can step up and blacksmith one of these days. Although models of democracies predict their failure when people learn to vote for benefits over principle. or something like that. One of these days we will either get back on track with our founding values, or we will become a dictatorship, it's in the cards.

Back