Is the Economy in a Coma ?

Yer economy is not in a coma...it's just very very sleepy. :turn:

Respectfully yours,

RSD.

This is one reason why I love SoFla. We are based on rich retirees and tourism, neither of which will ever stop.
We are very busy here.

Very busy building custom homes in the Midwest, I am so buried in work its not even funny, I could pour concrete 7 days a week for 12 hours a day and still not be caught up for a month I bet. Just hired another new guy today

Seems to me that all the stimulus $ went right to wall street and the bill is still on our tab. Way too many people not working and/or underemployed. We are in trouble.

Depends on the industry. I would say as a whole it's more of a medicated sleep than a full on coma. Hopefully a couple red bulls of freedom would do the trick!

The economy is doing great! Everyone has a job, things are peachy. Just ask the White House.

The economy is not in a coma.

The government is!

I'm one of those guys that's totally disgusted with government in general. As long as we elect life long politicians who's goals are indisputably winning the next election we will continue this downward spiral.

950 to be transfered from our company that made GE 1 billion in profit last quarter....and they announced 5 plant closeings nation wide...me thinks something is in the works and those of power and position are privi to it....as rosebud said...come spring...watch for the collapse of the precious metals and quickly following the total deflation of the dollar...and false flag attacks to justify martial law... The latest from “DHS Insider” just something to keep in the back of your head...

The market was false inflated by shoving more money into it. Yes the market has been at its highest but not because of growth of business...its because of growth of Government. Gold is already down and our dollar is next.

I think we should elect fifth graders to congress. After all, most politicians are NOT smarter than a fifth grader! And.... most of the fifth graders my wife teaches are pretty darn smart kids.

I feel the pain for you "Yank's", really I do.:poke: I truely believe that in the world we live in of gobal economy is is unfortunately...just YOUR TURN.

It does seem however that your turn...is just a bit bit longer than most.(3,4,5 presidential terms,if my math is somewhat accurate)I wouldn't blame the Presidency.

I can remember althou, not to long ago on a trip to Hawaii, Rubb had to pay over a $ 1.40 for one "Yankee Buck". Ya,thats right a buck forty.

So do not dispair my friends,it will turn around....one day....I hope. :1zhelp:

I think it is just such a "Me Generation" now that all of us North Americans are doing it to ourselves. Everyone wants to save a buck so we turn to big box chains like walmart etc to buy from the chinese when they already hold all the cards.(if this were a poker game,we suck) I try and do my little part by paying a pinch more at Mom & Pop type stores hoping to spur locally economy and growth. Perhaps if folks started buying American,it might actually help Americans.

There's a ton of other krud I could go on about...but I have to run...big sale on at k-mart for some north korean krap...huge give-away prices at costco on chinese junk that I really dont need.... and, I want to buy a new honda motorcycle,assembled in mexico.

SENT FROM MY MADE IN CHINA IPHONE 17. (:laugh: not really) Actually sent from my made in Japan PC.

RSD.

If I get time today I will be buying new tires.
House-Mouse suggested checking the prices at Costco. I gave her the nod. You know guy's,the nod. "Sure Honey,great idea",nod. I have absolutely no intentions of going to Costco. Several reason's,this thread included,also I dont want some 18 year old with an air gun torque-stick in one hand and his Ipnone in the other..."working" on my rig. (the little bastid is probably texting DONT EVEN GO THERE Lil Charlie/Vab's/etc his newest "feel-up oportunity")

I've already chosen a little Mom & Pop operation out in the country. Hopefully some of the profit will stay local and wont end up in the hands of Wall St.

Peace my friend's and may the work-force be with you.

Rubb-needs-new-Rubbah.

You guys want to fix the economy?

Next election vote against the incumbent no matter who they are (Federal, State, Local). Start throwing the bastids out and the ones who remain may get the picture and change their way of the public gravy train. If they don't, throw that bunch out the following election. We cannot keep the same greedy bunch in power and expect anything to change. It just doesn't work that way!

Lob the head of the snake off and the body dies!

Back