Is It Me, or Is Ducati Arrogant?

maybe he is agreat salesman and know exactly who his market is.....most ducati riders i know have a japanese bike in thier garage also....

maybe he is agreat salesman and know exactly who his market is.....most ducati riders i know have a japanese bike in thier garage also....

YEP !!! :laugh: I'am one, Uh :whistle:, no make that two and the Busa :thumbsup:

But you know, I can't recall anyone in the Club or a Dealership putting down anyone elses bike :rulez: . Must have been just a NEW Salesman trying to demonstrate his knowledge (or lack there of ), FORGETTING he's answer is based on TRACK performance (and a good rider :laugh: ) . I have friends who can whip anyone I know who has a Duc (including ME :rofl: ), and they do it on a Honda 600 ! I even went to Freddie's school, was blowing and going (or I thought so) and could keep up with nearly anyone. When Freddie comes around me on the OUTSIDE of the turn on a VFR ::11 . And I use to race and am fairly good even now ! Just shows, I made the CORRECT choice in Career :laugh:

Arrogant... probably. Snobbish... definately. But I've always said "it ain't braggin' if ya can back it up". The Italians have every right to be proud-they build the sexiest bikes on the planet. Their bikes are works of art, designed by people with a passion for style-not a drive for efficiency. Not saying they aren't lacking in other areas but they sure are appealing to the eye. I'm anxiously awaiting the next generation of the Aprilla Tuono built off the hot RSV4 platform. It's said to spank the hottest naked on the planet - the Ducati Streetfighter. Either would sure make a nice second bike. Here's the Streetfighter S:

ducati-streetfighter.jpg

Arrogant... probably. Snobbish... definately. But I've always said "it ain't braggin' if ya can back it up". The Italians have every right to be proud-they build the sexiest bikes on the planet. Their bikes are works of art, designed by people with a passion for style-not a drive for efficiency. Not saying they aren't lacking in other areas but they sure are appealing to the eye. I'm anxiously awaiting the next generation of the Aprilla Tuono built off the hot RSV4 platform. It's said to spank the hottest naked on the planet - the Ducati Streetfighter. Either would sure make a nice second bike. Here's the Streetfighter S:

MOTOR, FRAME, & WHEELS! period!

Naked sexiness indeed :thumbsup:

I had an '01 Duc Monster. The bike never had an issue, maintenance was minimal, and it was a blast to ride. Looker, too.

I think the "issue" is with the dealer, not Ducati in general.

oh you too eh... personaly my 900ss was a dog. if i had been allowed to test drive it i would never have bought it. then a dealer moved in and i was like "great!!" but when i went to see him he would only work on ducs 3 years or newer...would not order parts unless 3 years or newer. i had a busted head stud and he quoted me 1500 to replace it. went to a local guy 250 out the door. yes it was fixed right.... that dealership...IS NO LONGER IN BUISNESS!! (now how many times did i call california to talk to ducati..mmmm:moon:)

I owned a Fiat (car)... Looked cool but was so unreliable that I don't think it fit the basic definition of car (means of transportation). I think it could better be defined as a modern sculpture because it never moved. This experience left a life time bad taste in my mouth for anything Italian including pasta, pizza and Ducati. Fair of not I would never buy an over priced Ducati... Guess I could be considered closed minded but I still have nightmares/flashbacks about driving down the road and the head lights or engine just cutting out (actually happened alot) on that piece of Italian Crap...

PS It broke down 3 times on a 200 mile trip to NJ.

Signed,
Hopelessly prejudiced Italian bigot

I own a Duc and love my Busa too. Was the guy being arrogant?

Who knows but it looks for all the world to me like he is a numbskull at sales jargon!

I did not pay any more for my 1098 than I did for the Busa. Now the aftermarket is a little rough, not much out there for them, but I have never felt uppity. If anything, I feel a little silly for buying such a niche bike when the Gixxers and R1s are so much more practical - and smooth.

Also, Harley riders wont wave to you on a Duc or a Suzi down here! Just a different kinda 'crotch rocket'....

If you guys think a Duc cost $$$$$$$, don't ever Dream about a Ferrari :laugh:

Know how to tell how much a Ferrari part Cost ???

Look at it's part number, go all the way end of the number, come back TWO numbers, put a period there. Then go to the First Number and put a $ sign in front :rofl:

That's it, AND FORGET parts for any NON CURRENT PRODUCT :rulez:

Nice bikes, dont know how "arrogant" they are as a company, but I've noticed some owners do turn their noses at Japanese bike owners...others I've met are very friendly. As far as motocycle dealers are concerned, I cant stand ANY of them..lol

Ducati is on my radar because I had a bad experience when the 1098 came out. I was interested in buying one but I first wanted to see one and, God forgive me, sit on one. The local dealership promoted a big unveiling on their website and I contacted a sales guy who grudgingly conceded that if I arrived before the promotion crowd I should be able to sit on a 1098.

After driving an hour to this place I find that they have one 1098 and its up on a stand in the shop being modded for the lucky buyer. The attitude was that I should be willing to buy the thing sight and sit unseen because it's a Ducati. That's arrogance. Hell, a foreign car dealer let me borrow a Porsche 944 for half a day before I bought one.

Second, there was a complaining letter in one of the motorcycle mags where a buyer put money down on a 'coveted' 848 but by the time the bike came in the price had gone up $500 and the dealer told him to pay the increase or walk because other Ducatisti were lined up waiting to pay whatever was required. A reply from a Ducati vice president essentially said that the customer should have considered himself lucky to have the opportunity to own a Ducati regardless of the price.

If you guys think a Duc cost $$$$$$$, don't ever Dream about a Ferrari :laugh:

Know how to tell how much a Ferrari part Cost ???

Look at it's part number, go all the way end of the number, come back TWO numbers, put a period there. Then go to the First Number and put a $ sign in front :rofl:

That's it, AND FORGET parts for any NON CURRENT PRODUCT :rulez:

you have to adjust valves every 4k in a ferrari :p and its about 15k a year in maintenance.

oh and full break job on a benz SLR is 55,000 bucks.

I think it was pretty funny. People will pick up on what it really is. And you know what, they got people talking about it.

You now have a few people on here saying what a great bike the Ducati is.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Back