is it bad to run with no muffler?

Ban-One

Registered
I am thinking about takeing off the pipe and muffler, and buy some nice tips from the parts store. Do you think that this will hurt anything? Sound clip?

I had the same on mine, the tips I bought had resonators in them. I ended up adding baffles which helped a bit but they are LOUD! Guys at work could hear me coming over a mile away when I was on the throttle.

I cant believe know one has chimed in with the "lord Humongous Exhaust" yet ROFLMAO
oh and by the way I do not recommend these but its good for a laugh...
and Im sure everyone on here will tell you he is a clown
:rofl::banghead::moon::poke::rofl:

STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE 2
[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran my ZX14 with Hedman Hot Tips for awhile. Installed them with a band clamp and drilled a small hole through the Tip into the collector and added a small screw for insurance. The bike ran fine and they werent too loud. A little too loud for my neighbors but much quieter than a lot of bikes in my neighborhood. They are about $24 or so each as I recall. Try em out and if you dont like them sell them on Ebay. Now that spring is here I may put them back on for awhile. They do sound nice.

zx14r.jpg

I run without pipes. just the cut extenders.

Been doing it for over 4 years now. havent notice any problems..

Except for the occasional harrasment from fellow riders who dont know better and end up riding behind me on a ride. :thumbsup:

I had a muffler shop fit my tip around the stock header and slash cut them then had them chromed. Fairly cheap to do it this way.
Picture010.jpg

Picture001.jpg

All I know is that totally open pipes do, in fact, affect us all in terms of public opinion and harsher legislation. I'm not the "voice of the nerd" or the "sound police"....just a person that reads legislation and with a lot of court appearances behind my belt. I don't want to be a sour grapes jerk....I just want us to collectively have a higher sensitivity about who is watching and listening. It's the same deal when one of us passes 3 cars doing a wheelie across a double line. There really is a time and place for everything.
Raydog

All I know is that totally open pipes do, in fact, affect us all in terms of public opinion and harsher legislation. I'm not the "voice of the nerd" or the "sound police"....just a person that reads legislation and with a lot of court appearances behind my belt. I don't want to be a sour grapes jerk....I just want us to collectively have a higher sensitivity about who is watching and listening. It's the same deal when one of us passes 3 cars doing a wheelie across a double line. There really is a time and place for everything.
Raydog
I got called a conformist for making a similar post once.. :rofl:

I have the Voodoo pipe on my Yoshi 4-2-1 header and i gotta say it is on the loud side. I wish I could quiet it up some more.

Back