To Conical Muffler or to Oval Muffler

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
I am about to finish up a custom made full dual exhaust for my Hayabusa used for Sport Touring . It's a bone stock appearing 2005 black/grey . Only reflectors have been removed .

I am about to the point that all I need to do is pick a couple of aftermarket mufflers from another sportbike slip-on system and just toss the mid-pipes. There's only a handfull of muffler brands that come without the nameplates and Leo Vince + Akrapovic are two that I'm looking at .

My dilemna is I kinda think that the new conical mufflers might be a bit too new looking for the Busa styling . They look stud though on other bikes .

What do you think . Dual ovals with conical ends or ovals with regular turn downs ? Give me a vote would ya  and here's a couple examples .

suzuki_gsx-r1000_7741.jpg

suzuki_gsx-r1000_5376.jpg

This is when it had 21 inch ovals with standard style turndowns on it .

100_1665-1.jpg

Interesting. I'd like to hear about your setup....seeing as I just finished the same project using Two Bros. I like the cans in the first picture.

well, you asking most personal taste thingy...its your call if you give us final 2 pick or some like that would be more simple...
rock.gif

Back