Is Gen3 restricted

sebbi7

Registered
Hi all , sorry if been asked before but is the 2023 restricted? Had bike on dyno now , stock besides decat and gezaust and made 204.3hp , but when they did top end run as he went into 6th and hit 300km/h the bike died with limiter but there was still plenty revs to go

Very restricted....yours hasn't had an ECU reflash so it has the stock limiter engaged which limits the bike to 300kms/hr.

If you saw 204.3 hp on the dyno you have a VERY special unicorn bike as any other gen 3 doesn't make anything near that figure....either that or a very optimistic dyno (which I thing is the case)

They are around 187hp at the crank stock.....even with an exhaust they don't make that kind of hp.....it takes cams, velocity stacks, ECU tuning, an aftermarket free flow air filter and full exhaust for it to get close to that.

I take it a "gezaust" means exhaust and if the catalytic converter is removed. Is it running the stock headers?

Very restricted....yours hasn't had an ECU reflash so it has the stock limiter engaged which limits the bike to 300kms/hr.

If you saw 204.3 hp on the dyno you have a VERY special unicorn bike as any other gen 3 doesn't make anything near that figure....either that or a very optimistic dyno (which I thing is the case)

They are around 187hp at the crank stock.....even with an exhaust they don't make that kind of hp.....it takes cams, velocity stacks, ECU tuning, an aftermarket free flow air filter and full exhaust for it to get close to that.

I take it a "gezaust" means exhaust and if the catalytic converter is removed. Is it running the stock headers?
"you have a VERY special unicorn bike" lol

since 2001 all motorbikes are restricted at 300 km/h - no matter what type nor producer.

the manufacturers have agreed - among themselves - on this limit to ensure that no government regulations interfere with the issue.

at gen1 & 2 i know a computer software (and an interface) that took off / flash away that restiction - if that is also possible at gen3 i have no clue

since 2001 all motorbikes are restricted at 300 km/h - no matter what type nor producer.

the manufacturers have agreed - among themselves - on this limit to ensure that no government regulations interfere with the issue.

at gen1 & 2 i know a computer software (and an interface) that took off / flash away that restiction - if that is also possible at gen3 i have no clue

I thought that was only Japanese motorcycles?
That Ducati and BMW still do not adhere to that??

Hi all , sorry if been asked before but is the 2023 restricted? Had bike on dyno now , stock besides decat and gezaust and made 204.3hp , but when they did top end run as he went into 6th and hit 300km/h the bike died with limiter but there was still plenty revs to go
Only in South Africa will you see that kind of hp.

When you ride the bike through all the Cape vineyards, the air intake just makes the bike super happy.

You are correct sir , stock headers and decatted with link pipe and tail. But yes I think dyno was quite generous

Screenshot_20240501_123042_Gallery.jpg

Dear me, I have no trouble with the restrictions, I only have trouble with the Italians driving like mad dogs, killing each other, then shutting the motorways, to us peaceful citizens, thus needing 15 hours for a trip of 9 !!!
I have trouble with the froggies, doing zig-zag all the time, forcing their entry to the highway, no respect to the give way sign.
I have trouble with all drivers, changing lane without indication at all.
In view of these troubles. hayabusa has one shortcoming only: no wings !!!

Dear me, I have no trouble with the restrictions, I only have trouble with the Italians driving like mad dogs, killing each other, then shutting the motorways, to us peaceful citizens, thus needing 15 hours for a trip of 9 !!!
I have trouble with the froggies, doing zig-zag all the time, forcing their entry to the highway, no respect to the give way sign.
I have trouble with all drivers, changing lane without indication at all.
In view of these troubles. hayabusa has one shortcoming only: no wings !!!
You are not that close to Italy? I use to race in Italy once a year, loved the food, the roads and the people, but it was bicycle racing.

You are close to the Autobahn though, go into Germany and clean out your injectors at full throttle for a couple of minutes. We get jail time for that over here.

You are not that close to Italy? I use to race in Italy once a year, loved the food, the roads and the people, but it was bicycle racing.

You are close to the Autobahn though, go into Germany and clean out your injectors at full throttle for a couple of minutes. We get jail time for that over here.
Use to go to Zürich (my daughter) and also to Ancona to take the ferry to Greece. German territory is fundamentally slower.
Their Autobahns are incredibly worn and maintained everywhere, every now and then. Italy is constantly congested. Would you lane-split 50 km long?

Use to go to Zürich (my daughter) and also to Ancona to take the ferry to Greece. German territory is fundamentally slower.
Their Autobahns are incredibly worn and maintained everywhere, every now and then. Italy is constantly congested. Would you lane-split 50 km long?
Most states here, lane splitting is not allowed.

Most states here, lane splitting is not allowed.
Either way, in my book (safety 1st, law 2nd) lane splitting is only an emergency feature (and at a low speed). If the motorway is blocked with lengthy queues, I better exit and consider alternative options. If anything happens to me, my admirers will kill me!:laugh:

Lane splitting is illegal in 48 states.
It IS legal in California.
And, it is 'Undefined'/not mentioned for NC!
@jellyrug you need to test this out and see...
Folks over here where I live in central NC are generally very kind and accommodating towards motorcycles and bicycles on the roads. It is not custom to lane split though, I have never seen anyone else do it here and the few times I did, it seemed to not be received well.

I use to lane split when I lived in South Africa, which was many years ago. A 45 minute commute through traffic with a car to work, would take me less than 15 minutes on a bike, so where it is legal and accepted as normal practice, it really works well.

Back