Derestrictor...

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you guys would recommend for my 2010 to remove the restriction on the top end. I'm going to be in a legal event on an airport to run some top speeds, so I'd like to be able to break the 300km/h mark. Should I cave and get a TRE for now, until I mod it next year (going RCC setup). Or am I able to get the Power Commander 5 and remove the limiter with that? As I need this anyways. Also, if this needs to be in another category, mods feel free to move it. Thanks.

ECU flash for sure. Schnitz was doing it by mail for like $60. Don't know how current that number is though...

TRE is junk on a GEN-II and the PC5 won't remove the limiter...

Either ECU flash or GPS-mod are your best choices... :thumbsup:

If u have a tuner near by who can tune with ECU Editor, he probably has the flash unit...
Just buy the plug in Harness from Greg, (BoostBySmith), and have it tuned for $250...you'll only be in for about $300. Or, buy the complete set up, remove the limiters yourself. Easy. Still in for less than $300. Plus, u have the much wider options afforded 2 u with the ECU Editor software. Better, cheaper, and will save u a ton of $ if u decide to go turbo, nos, etc. Non invasive, too, unlike Bazzaz, PC, and Tre....and much CHEAPER!
Just my .02. (:-)
Shawn

ECU editing is the way to go, and the Gen II's don't have a lot of trouble exceeding 186 MPH. If you weigh 300 pounds that's a different story. Best of luck.

If your bike is bone stock, just go out and run it. Don't know that you'll wind the big girl up in the standing mile. Now if the event is 1 1/2 miles you might want to flash the ECU.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am stock right now and weigh 170lbs, so I got some okay power to weight ratio...lol. Also, the length of the track is close to 2 miles! The longest in Canada, so it should be freakin awesome....lol.

Also, after this season I am putting in an RCC kit, so what would you guys recommend for a route if this is the future path for it? I haven't talked to my tuner yet that I use, but on my last Busa I had a PC and he tuned with that.

If u have a tuner near by who can tune with ECU Editor, he probably has the flash unit...
Just buy the plug in Harness from Greg, (BoostBySmith), and have it tuned for $250...you'll only be in for about $300. Or, buy the complete set up, remove the limiters yourself. Easy. Still in for less than $300. Plus, u have the much wider options afforded 2 u with the ECU Editor software. Better, cheaper, and will save u a ton of $ if u decide to go turbo, nos, etc. Non invasive, too, unlike Bazzaz, PC, and Tre....and much CHEAPER!
Just my .02. (:-)

Shawn

For the price I would rather buy the entire setup..lol

Thanks for the replies guys. I am stock right now and weigh 170lbs, so I got some okay power to weight ratio...lol. Also, the length of the track is close to 2 miles! The longest in Canada, so it should be freakin awesome....lol.

Also, after this season I am putting in an RCC kit, so what would you guys recommend for a route if this is the future path for it? I haven't talked to my tuner yet that I use, but on my last Busa I had a PC and he tuned with that.

Try this...

[url]http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=5135887&showprevnext=1[/URL]

Hey guys where do you get the ECU Editor?

Everyone here in Vegas wants to sell me the Tre healer or something else, I would like the Editor.... Though for more nefarious reasons.... Muhhhaaa haaaa haaaa muhaaaa haaaa!!!!:welcome:

Oh and Cold Busa your advatar is freaking hilarious! :rofl:

Thanks for the BoostbySmith looked it up great stuff.

Everyone here in Vegas wants to sell me the Tre healer or something else, I would like the Editor.... Though for more nefarious reasons.... Muhhhaaa haaaa haaaa muhaaaa haaaa!!!!:welcome:

Oh and Cold Busa your advatar is freaking hilarious! :rofl:

Thanks a lot!!!!

I will be ordering one very soon :cheerleader: as my bike keeps telling me that there is more power on the Dark side of the ECU! :please:

My "options" we're taking into consideration the fact that some folks don't want to "tinker" with their own tune. If your tuner has a flash unit, and u don't want to mess with it, (why a lot of folks try getting an "Autotune" setup, etc.), then going with that option to save some $'s.
Also, haven't heard anything on it for a while, but Greg and Petrik are trying out some tweaks to make the ECU Editor Autotune compatible, as well.
Greg has also developed a newer version of the flash unit that can stay on the bike, and is very compact.
Just depends on what you are after.
PC, Bazzaz, etc. all are needing a professional tune to utilize their "full" potential.
Motors vary too much to use a "canned" map if u want to get the most performance out of your individual bike. Also, maps from Brock's, PC, Bazzaz, etc. are being converted over to ECU Editor all the time, for guys who want an assortment to choose from to try out. Nothing wrong with a seat of the pants Dyno, if it makes you happy, and you're willing to check your AFR's, plugs, etc.
Bottom line: IMHO you are getting a ton more performance value per $ with ECU Editor, utilizing the stock ECU, and given the opportunity to take of limiters, etc. without adding useless crap, (ie-TRE) to your ride.
You keep mentioning ****healer. Sounds like a speedo-healer. Worthwhile purchase. You can't calibrate your speedo with any of the aforementioned tuners. Don't buy the TRE though. Just what you have to do to install it makes it a no brainier.
Shawn

Hey guys,

I have talked to my tuner about the ECU flasher, and of course us in Alberta are behind...lol. He has had 5 or so inquiries about this and all they have is the power commander software for tuning. I plan on going down the turbo route, so I would like a professional to tune it, and not mess around with it myself. So I guess for now, I am going to wait a bit and see what happens. I am also going to talk to RCC and see if there is anybody near by that they would recommend for the tuning, as they say that all of their Gen II bikes are all done on the ECU flasher. If anybody knows of a reputable tuner near Alberta that you know of, please let me know. If there is I will get the ECU flasher and remove the restrictions for this year, and then get them to tune it next year with the RCC kit on it.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

im geographically challenged, but regardless of the drive to RCC's, have him install and setup your turbo :D Or let him recommend someone. Don't let a shop learn about turbo bikes with your hard earned dollars and engine parts..

I hear ya. This shop that I use, is actually quite big in the turbo market. That's why I'm so surprised that they don't use it!

Back