Question about xtre and boost by smith derestrictor

Big Sexy

Registered
Just wondering what i need to do. I bought the derestrictor ( i believe it was from boost by smith) and have installed it:laugh:. My question is will the xtre work with this and show 6th gear whereas now it shows 1N23455 or will i have to change out the derestrictor. I am not sure how it will work but i would like to have the 1N23456 show with the increased takeoff in 1st 2nd and 3rd:thumbsup:. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:bowdown:

thanks all
Troy

Just install the X-Tre, It does everything you want by itself including letting you choose between using 4th, 5th or 6th gear mapping.. :thumbsup:

Just install the X-Tre, It does everything you want by itself including letting you choose between using 4th, 5th or 6th gear mapping.. :thumbsup:

What's the difference in the mapping between 3rd, 4th, and 5th? What would be the advantage of using one over the other?

Why not just use the GPS-mod, GET A PROPER TUNE and throw the XTRE or TRE in the garbage where it belongs...? :thumbsup:

Whatz the GPS-"MOD"?

Gear Position Sensor. A new one that derestricts the bike, while still keeping everything running the way the bike was built for, instead of tricking the ecu into thinking the selector is in another gear. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Why not just use the GPS-mod, GET A PROPER TUNE and throw the XTRE or TRE in the garbage where it belongs...? :thumbsup:
+100 You're just wasting money buying the XTRE, and you're losing your mapping you'll be running 4th, 5th, or 6th gearing all the time. I have Boost by Smith derestrictor and it works great, and I saved a mint. It only cost about .020 to do the mod anyway with a resistor.

I prefer the X-TRE because the bike's timing to remains in the 5th gear map all of the time. It runs smoother for most of the conditions I enjoy riding in. It also shows the proper gear all of the time. All of the X-TRE haters are just way to un-informed to make up their own minds. :laugh:

:beerchug:

Why would you want 5th gear mapping for any gear BUT 5th...? ???

With a proper tune the bike is SMOOTHER through EVER GEAR at ALL times. No point in band-aiding something that can be fixed CORRECTLY with a PROPER TUNE... :whistle:

Why would you want 5th gear mapping for any gear BUT 5th...? ???

With a proper tune the bike is SMOOTHER through EVER GEAR at ALL times. No point in band-aiding something that can be fixed CORRECTLY with a PROPER TUNE... :whistle:

+1

5th gear timing values is nice, BUT 5th gear fueling values in the lower gears is NOT.........

Soon ecu flashing will be ready for 08's, and you will be able to do the good part of the TRE (5th gear timing all the time) without doing the horrible (5th gear fueling all the time)

Back