is a 4-1 a diy project? ti force on a '07 zx10

craigntx

Registered
i found a great deal on a "mint" ti force ($400).
work's gone to hell though. if i can afford a pc3 i'm considering attempting the exhaust myself.
the only other bike work i've done is brakes/batts/oil changes.
i have a pretty good tool collection.
is it something i can pull off?
(i tried a thread on zx10r.net but no help)
thanks
craig

I installed my Yosh 4 to 1 with only a few tools.
Alot easeir than I thought...just time consuming as I took off the oil cooler and radiator.

If you basic mech skils, you can install it yourself. I installed my Yosh on the Busa having never worked on such a bike before....

Thats a great deal if its a mint full exhaust. Id say you could get er done in an hour. GL

Last edited:
took me about 3.5hrs to go from stock to a full 4-2-1 system start to finish. You don't need real special tools of any sort. I even made my own PAIR block-off plates and removed the whole system while I was at it.

One tip is to cover your radiator with cardboard so you dont end up with a bunch of knuckle dents

I think the install is simple, I think you need to have it tuned ??? The base map for the PC is just to get you back on the road..??? I am sure the experts will be posting soon with the real help an more insight than I :thumbsup:

Thats a great deal if its a mint full exhaust. Id say you could get er done in an hour. GL

well it turns out too good to be true.
was advertised as "mint" but 1 of the loop things (the springs hook to) was totally ground away, a BAD flat spot, can was discolored, 3-4 springs missing, bolts that hold it to the head gone:banghead:
seller (from psychobike) says he's over in afghan, and he actually never saw it taken off...
now to pray i get my $ back:please:

thanks for the replies, as always
craig

Back