Is $11k Too Much ??

I paid 10700 out the door for mine. I actually am going to be selling it for a Gxr1k. I've put 2.5k in mods and such. There are pics on this board of me and it. I was thinking I would get 8500 but I got 15k miles.

I think giving the guy 9200 - 9500 is a fair price. He'll never see 11 from anyone!
the bike can bring his price if he waits for the guy who must have it
you all know most people buy on emotions all yaa gatta do is get the right person
my dad always said if you want tall dollars for something you must price it high enough
when I go to sell mine it's 15,500. see now I have dealing room
selling something someone really wants it's easy to hold your price, in this group everbody says this or that but when your mono on mono selling buying pressure is there
you can even dare 'em to buy
if it brings eleven you left mone on the table someone willin' to pay 11 would pay twelve as well

Lannie

I think giving the guy 9200 - 9500 is a fair price. He'll never see 11 from anyone!
you all know most people buy on emotions all yaa gatta do is get the right person
my dad always said if you want tall dollars for something you must price it high enough
selling something someone really wants it's easy to hold your price, in this group everbody says this or that but when your mono on mono selling buying pressure is there
if it brings eleven you left mone on the table someone willin' to pay 11 would pay twelve as well

Lannie
I consider myself a very good nogotiator my question to you would be simple. Do you want to sell your bike? If yes here is what I'm willing to offer, as I've done in the past said take it or leave it. If leave it I move on. I do my research on the cost and availability of what I'm looking for and unless yours does something special and is tricked out to the max your more likely to recover from being addicted to crack then you are to get 15k for a bike you can by new for under 11k. Just my thoughts
smile.gif

** I do agree in starting high if your in for the long haul on selling your bike. But I've always said you need a lead to to make them conceed. In other words no callers no lookers no buyers. Again if your bike did not have something extremely special about it I would not bother calling.

<!--EDIT|MoTrFinger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108864580 -->

Lannie
I think it's going to be pretty damb hard to sell it for 11,000 when you can get a brand new bike w/ warrenty for 10,000 approximately. His best feature is the aftermarket exhaust, if It didn't have the pipe I would go for 9800 - 10,000. I gotta agree if he wants 11,000 he's going to have to wait for the right sucker but he'll be waiting awhile!

Last year I paid $9,000 for a brand new '03. When I was shopping around, the black/purple '04's were a dime a dozen - everyone had them, the dealer I bought my '03 from had 2 still in the shipping crates, I just didn't like the color. If your friend likes the black/purple, tell him to shop around, I'm sure he can find a new '04 somewhere and get a really good price on it.

Definitely too high!  The Akra full is the best thing going for it.  The rest are just kind of nice to have mods.  If you can get a new '05 for that or less OTD I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for an '04.
EXACTLY!!! It's kinda hard to recoup the money for all the extras when most insurance companies won't insure you for them. It's best to bling parts that can easily be replaced with it's OEM counterpart and then try to resale them to get something for them. Even a totally custom bike won't produce close to what was actually paid for it. But in my most humble opinion with all the goodies attached-- I would start asking somewhere in the neighborhood of $9000, but nothing higher than $9500.

Way too much I just paied 9950 for a brand new BLK&PRP2004 off the show room floor out the out the door 11k is not cool even with the mods JM2c

Back