Is $11k Too Much ??

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
I am brokering a deal for a buddy of mine. He started off on a 600 GSXR and is ready to step up. He wanted a 1000, but I tlked to him and let him ride my bike, so now he wants a busa. A neighbor of mine got a 2004 Blk/Purple, from his cousin, that is way too much bike for him and is ready to sell it. The bike is lowered front and back, with chrome aftermarket triplr-tree, adjustable kick-stand, ZGDB screen, and a full Akrapovic system (the bike has been remapped for it). It has two very minor scratches on the right side fairing. It has 1,018 miles on it to be exact.

My personnal opinion is that $11,000 is not bad, cause I can see where there has been good money spent on mods. I rode it and it runs great, maybe better than mine. It is really right around the end of its break-in.

I just want everyone's opinion.

Dunno what everyone else thinks.
But, the Akro system alone is 1100, does it make it worth 11K??? Think thats a little high. Maybe offer 9.5? 10??

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108761578 -->

I'd say 10 even is high as I would go......
But figure the bike is worth 8645 +1100 for pipe+200 triple+130 side stand+ZG 75+ 350PCIIr+ 50 lowering links= $10550
Subtract the $550 for the scratches on a perfectly good BUSA...........

Just like a car my man. They lose a lot of value when they roll off the lot. The kickstand and Tree would certainly resell for less than $400. The exhaust makes up a little for the lost value, maybe $400. It is used also. This is not enough to price it equal to a new bike. Next consider the fact that it is an '04 and not an '05. And it has scratches? Hell no!

Feel free to check the Kelly Blue book on it, but I think it is too high. I bet that is higher than the Kelly Retail Price, and where you want to be is somewhere between wholesale and retail....but preferably closer to wholesale.

He will have a hard time selling an '04 for $11K.

$11K hahaha! Sounds like the guy is fishing for a fool...and he can't be too bright himself if he bought a Busa, modified the hell out of it and then decided it's "too much bike for him".

Tell your friend to buy a brand new '05 which he should be able to get for ~$10K OTD. He'll now have a NEW bike with a WARRANTY and still have around $1K left over to spend on mods that he wants.

I think 11k sounds too high. I would think no more then 9k for that. It is an '04 and '05's are out already. Maybe put everything back to stock and sell parts seperate he could make more money?

Definitely too high! The Akra full is the best thing going for it. The rest are just kind of nice to have mods. If you can get a new '05 for that or less OTD I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for an '04.

Its a used bike....if you were to trade it in on a new bike they won't add for after market parts. If thats the bike your friend wants, then blue book it as a stock bike minus any damage, scratches or whatever else might be wrong. Then once you have that value, add for the mods if they plan on leaving them on the bike, I would value the mods at 1/2 price of what they cost.

Always remember "worth" is what you can coerse someone to pay you for something. It depends on how bad your friend wants the bike and how motivated the seller is.:;):

Dude just look at it this way. The mods that the guy put on it aren't gonna raise the blue book value of the bike so why would u pay more than that?
rock.gif
Not too mention he has dropped it already since it has scratches on the fairing. Now that the 2005's are out you could walk out of a dealer with a BRAND NEW 04 if u talk to the dealer right for around 9200-9400. I would tell him with the exhaust and everything being on there I'd give him 9400$ and he could take it or leave it. My .02

worth = whatever the market will bear.

11k is just too much.

You guys convinced me. Even 10 is too much.

man waaaaay to much

I know for a fact that you should be able to get it out the door for 10k or less.

Does the guy have al the stock parts? Maybe he could price the aftermarket stuff on ebay or something, come up with a better price for the stock bike then offer to let the guy buy some/all of the aftermarket stuff or part it out to recoup his investment. 11k is too much.

just my .02

I think it is reasonable, 1000 miles and all those mods? If he plans on keeping it the bike then go for it, it is brand new regardless what the blue book says. I would haggle with him of course and try for 10 flat but 11k is NOT way to much in my opinion. You got to figure you are going to get scratches on the bike, I have a few already as well, doesn't take long. Offer him 10k and see what happens.

Wow! dude... You shoudl know better! 11K is too high.... The bike looses a good amount of $$ the day it rolls out of the showroom. 9.5k to 10k seems fair

Back